Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
WamBow - 5.08.17, 9:03 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Has anyone invested in the Traxxas Link setup? Any performance issues? Is it worth it?
"Experienced user"
biggman15 - 5.08.17, 10:06 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I believe my brother has it for his Slash Ultimate. He mostly uses it to monitor his temps and batteries. And to restrict the speed of the truck when he passes it to a new driver. I can't really tell you if it's worth it... And I don't know anything about performance issues. He's never complained about it.
Axial SCX10, Vaterra Twin Hammers, ECX Boost, Ruckus, Smash, Circuit, Torment, Traxxas Rustler, Slice Db, MERV, Bandit, Stampede 4x4, Blast, Sparrowhawk XB, Evader BX, Evader Bl, RC10 B4.1, Rc18B
"Regular user"
WamBow - 5.08.17, 10:59 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
If it works as advertised it would be a great investment to not only monitor temps but to record top speeds. I think you buy the Bluetooth attachment $30 and the various monitors $50. A new handheld GPS to record speed is $100, but you have to rig a mount and check it along with a temp check with temp gun. This Traxxas Link setup would be cool...IF it works
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.08.17, 11:31 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Only my XO-1 is set up for it. Never really used it much. Speed seemed fairly accurate before I changed the tires.
"Regular user"
WamBow - 5.08.17, 12:42 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Only my XO-1 is set up for it. Never really used it much. Speed seemed fairly accurate before I changed the tires.
So it doesn't have any options to modify specs/parameters for upgrades? That would be a huge miss for Traxxas if you cant.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.08.17, 2:04 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
WamBow said
So it doesn't have any options to modify specs/parameters for upgrades? That would be a huge miss for Traxxas if you cant.
It does. If you change pinion or spur gear then need to change it in the link to get speed. Not sure if there was for tires. Haven't used it in over a year.
The speedometer was close but I ended up just getting a gps. Don't remember if temp sensor was connected. But I've learned that there can be a big difference in temps on motor depending where temps are taken.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 5.08.17, 2:16 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
It does. If you change pinion or spur gear then need to change it in the link to get speed. Not sure if there was for tires. Haven't used it in over a year.
The speedometer was close but I ended up just getting a gps. Don't remember if temp sensor was connected. But I've learned that there can be a big difference in temps on motor depending where temps are taken.
Last I checked they added in an option for custom tires.

I've thought about putting telemetry in the Summit for the Bluetooth adapter and all the basic telemetry stuff, ie temp, speed, and voltage, is just under $50. I mainly want it so I can keep an eye on my battery voltage.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.08.17, 2:19 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
slick2500 said
Last I checked they added in an option for custom tires.

I've thought about putting telemetry in the Summit for the Bluetooth adapter and all the basic telemetry stuff, ie temp, speed, and voltage, is just under $50. I mainly want it so I can keep an eye on my battery voltage.
That would be good if they did. I bought an adapter for my phone, just have to remember where it is. As for the Bluetooth stuff, I don't really know what or how that stuff does or works.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 5.08.17, 2:30 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
That would be good if they did. I bought an adapter for my phone, just have to remember where it is. As for the Bluetooth stuff, I don't really know what or how that stuff does or works.
This thread will do a much better job of explaining what everything does than I ever could.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...y-support.html
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.08.17, 2:41 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
slick2500 said
This thread will do a much better job of explaining what everything does than I ever could.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...y-support.html
Yeah that all looks familiar. Think I had around 15 Traxxas vehicles when the link/telemetry thing came out. Just couldn't see spending the money to add it to all vehicles.