Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 7.20.17, 3:53 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So a while back, was driving my slash with vxl 4pole motor and mmp esc.while I was running it, the car stopped and was cogging solidly in place, giving it a push did not help. Took it in inspected connectors all good solder joints. Plugged same pack in and it worked fine. Fast forward 3 or 4 bash days and it happened again. In the middle of the bash, the car started cogging very badly. 3 different spc packs all cogged so I know it's not the battery. Motorand esc temps were fine. i Thought my esc fried so I shelfed the truck. So today I pulled the motor out of that slash, and put that and a different mmp into another project just to test some suspension settings. Same cogging issues with the vxl motor, different mmp and known good battery. Don't have another bl motor to plug in atm. The cogging is just like the esc is in brushed mode plugged into a brushless motor.

I'm thinking there is something going on inside the 4pole vxl. Gonna open it up later, not worked on this motor before. What and where should I look inside to find something going on in the vxl that would cause such an issue? Or do you think both mmps are either stuck in brushed mode or both have died?

Thanks for any help I'm lost

Ps. The newer mmp was in my crawler running 3s brushed until I pulled it for this test today. The older mmp has been set to default since I bought it. I did recalibrate the newer mmp, and did a quick program by trigger as my field card is at a friends house
HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 7.20.17, 10:32 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Posted in wrong section please delete
HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!