Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Inexperienced user"
Joshua KJ - 7.28.17, 9:18 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/docume...ded-Complaint#
Once again, Traxxas is suing...
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.28.17, 9:37 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
It's not a secret. Anyone that saw the Nero had to wonder. Traxxas has the patent for that style suspension. I've been in this discussion over on RCT for past 2 days about it. Some just do seem to understand what having a patent on a design means
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 7.28.17, 10:21 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
The absurd thing about Traxxas getting the patent for that is, cantilever suspension existed since coilover shock absorbers were invented. All Traxxas did was shrink an existing design and install it on a toy car. That is not patent-worthy; there's nothing new about the idea.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.28.17, 10:26 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Now pan cars and F1 are next.
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 7.28.17, 11:28 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Eh...I doubt it. Cantilever suspension may be the design element they're basing the lawsuit on, but we all know the Nero is basically the E-Revo's alter-ego. Traxxas doesn't have any F1 or pan-car vehicles to defend against imitators.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.29.17, 3:38 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
The absurd thing about Traxxas getting the patent for that is, cantilever suspension existed since coilover shock absorbers were invented. All Traxxas did was shrink an existing design and install it on a toy car. That is not patent-worthy; there's nothing new about the idea.
The US Patent office would disagree. Big picture it's two million dollar companies suing each other. It's not uncommon, just usually doesn't get out to the public. In this case its Tower Hobbies that's going to feel the effect. Looks like the divorce of Traxxas and Tower has begun. Member here said his Tower has now cancelled his order of the new Traxxas scaler.
"Experienced user"
Norco kid - 7.29.17, 5:48 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I really don't understand how it's possible to sue. It's not like the nero is a direct clone. That would be like axial suing Traxxas for making a scaler with steel frame rails? It's just a fundamental part of the vehicle.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.29.17, 5:55 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Norco kid said
I really don't understand how it's possible to sue. It's not like the nero is a direct clone. That would be like axial suing Traxxas for making a scaler with steel frame rails? It's just a fundamental part of the vehicle.
It's about the suspension design. Not about being a clone or copy. Lawsuit was filed originally about a year ago. Recent activity has brought it into the public view.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 7.29.17, 6:10 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Norco kid said
They've successfully done it before with the twin hammers, or hpi for having a waterproof receiver box.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
Norco kid - 7.29.17, 6:29 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
It's about the suspension design. Not about being a clone or copy. Lawsuit was filed originally about a year ago. Recent activity has brought it into the public view.
I realize that but for Traxxas to lay claim to all cantilever suspension is ridiculous.