Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"zen master"
wave_rider91 - 7.31.17, 8:51 am Post #41: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
They've successfully done it before with the twin hammers, or hpi for having a waterproof receiver box.
so this is there third law suite against another rc company? the twin hammers was a vaterra right? vaterra is a horizon hobby owned company right? horizon is a rather large distribution company right? now there after hobbico, hobbico is another rather large distributor right? so traxxas is literally biting the hand that feeds. idk man pissing off the companys you rely on to put your product in stores and sell your product online doesnt sound like a very good business model to me

1/10 buggys, stadium trucks and short course trucks are all pretty much the same design with the same suspension, transmission configuration and chassis layout. nobody has sued over it. same goes for 1/10 shaft driven TCs. pan cars, i cant tell one from another. i dont care what the law says this whole thing just seems stupid to me
the greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 7.31.17, 9:12 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
It's the third time I'm personally aware of, who knows how many have been settled before becoming public knowledge.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.31.17, 10:11 am Post #43: | Reply With Quote
wave_rider91 said
so this is there third law suite against another rc company? the twin hammers was a vaterra right? vaterra is a horizon hobby owned company right? horizon is a rather large distribution company right? now there after hobbico, hobbico is another rather large distributor right? so traxxas is literally biting the hand that feeds. idk man pissing off the companys you rely on to put your product in stores and sell your product online doesnt sound like a very good business model to me

1/10 buggys, stadium trucks and short course trucks are all pretty much the same design with the same suspension, transmission configuration and chassis layout. nobody has sued over it. same goes for 1/10 shaft driven TCs. pan cars, i cant tell one from another. i dont care what the law says this whole thing just seems stupid to me
Is a question of who needs who more. Tower could have said no to Traxxas a couple years ago when they changed pricing policy. They didn't. Tower needs, or needed, Traxxas more the Traxxas needs Tower. They weren't the only ones that chose this. Dollar Hobbyz agreed to stop selling them as " parts kits", ( new vehicles that had been disassembled), in order to keep selling them.
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 7.31.17, 10:14 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
It is stupid. There has to be something we just aren't seeing here. I'm gonna make a rc truck with 5 wheels. Ha ha. Don't copy or else. "You've been served"
"zen master"
wave_rider91 - 7.31.17, 10:24 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Is a question of who needs who more. Tower could have said no to Traxxas a couple years ago when they changed pricing policy. They didn't. Tower needs, or needed, Traxxas more the Traxxas needs Tower. They weren't the only ones that chose this. Dollar Hobbyz agreed to stop selling them as " parts kits", ( new vehicles that had been disassembled), in order to keep selling them.
as big as these distributors seem to be, i cant imagine them having that many eggs in one basket
the greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 7.31.17, 10:36 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
curious if traxxas sales will noticeably drop without easy pay available. I'm not suggesting it would be remotely significant, but I'm curious if it will be noticeable.
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 7.31.17, 11:05 am Post #47: | Reply With Quote
I am sure that Tower was a fairly large chunk of their sales. If I had to guess I would say Amazon and Tower Hobbies are their largest online retailers.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.31.17, 11:06 am Post #48: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
curious if traxxas sales will noticeably drop without easy pay available. I'm not suggesting it would be remotely significant, but I'm curious if it will be noticeable.
I think Amazon will fill in that. Few weeks ago Squids mentioned that one brand, no name used, now sold more through Amazon then all actual hobby stores combined.

With all the sales Traxxas does direct to customers at NHRA events, or other like events. Doubt they really notice.

Now how much it effects Tower is the big question. I've seen that 2016 sales were between 5-7 million. What percentage was Traxxas.
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 7.31.17, 11:11 am Post #49: | Reply With Quote
I was just figuring easy pay might have made it easier to pull the trigger. Interest free smaller payments of money can make it easier for people to pull the trigger on a big purchase.
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.31.17, 11:48 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
I was just figuring easy pay might have made it easier to pull the trigger. Interest free smaller payments of money can make it easier for people to pull the trigger on a big purchase.
True. I use payment plan at hobby store with new releases.

Though if you ever see how quickly wallets fly open when Traxxas does one of it demo at NHRA events, is amazing