Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 7.31.17, 1:00 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
True. I use payment plan at hobby store with new releases.

Though if you ever see how quickly wallets fly open when Traxxas does one of it demo at NHRA events, is amazing
I haven't, that seems pretty incredible. Their stuff ain't cheap.

Right now I'm loving my android head unit.
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.31.17, 2:02 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
I haven't, that seems pretty incredible. Their stuff ain't cheap.

Right now I'm loving my android head unit.
Through hobby store I've worked the Traxxas demo twice at Route 66 in Joliet. They average $20-30,000 in walk up sales. Each event. Some weekends they have 2-4 crew out at different events. It's almost jaw dropping to see
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 7.31.17, 3:31 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
Dang that is crazy.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Hasa Diga Eebowai!"
lsear2905 - 7.31.17, 3:57 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
Traxxas seem really keen for you to buy direct from their website, and are constantly filling my inbox with offers (lucky I have filters set up on my gmail account).

Thing is that's great if you live in the USA, but over here (with our mild winters and the metric system) the postage is too high and of course I can't fill a box with HPI, Vaterra, Traxxas and aftermarket parts from the Traxxas website.

Of course, as always happens another company will fill the void (probably Amain) so I'll just have to be more patient when waiting for parts.
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.31.17, 5:08 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
slick2500 said
Dang that is crazy.
It's something to see. Figure attendance at a NHRA event is between 10-20,000 people. Get 100 or so to purchase. It's easy money. Plus for all the dislike they get. They give the hobby massive exposure. Other could, and should do this.
If Associated doesn't have a F1 demo going when the real F1 comes to Texas. That's a missed opportunity. They could be at other road car races. Use the Apex kit, use the legal motors, have a demo going.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 7.31.17, 6:17 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
curious if traxxas sales will noticeably drop without easy pay available. I'm not suggesting it would be remotely significant, but I'm curious if it will be noticeable.
PayPal Credit. 6 months no interest on purchases over $99.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 7.31.17, 7:07 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
Dude if i bought a RC on credit. My wife would take my throttle finger.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 7.31.17, 7:36 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
PayPal Credit. 6 months no interest on purchases over $99.
Amain and Horizon have the Affirm financing option, as I'm sure others do, and they sell Traxxas vehicles, parts and upgrade parts. RCHobbypro has
RCHobbypro said
BUY NOW PAY LATER AFFORDABLE MONTHLY PROGRAMS
Pay for your order over 3 months at 0% APR or over 12 or 24 months at competitive interest rates* | Buy Now Pay Later*
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 8.01.17, 12:38 am Post #59: | Reply With Quote
nickandluke said
Dude if i bought a RC on credit. My wife would take my throttle finger.
Haha, likewise. Though I never buy anything on credit, least of all hobby expenses. Rc spending to me is more a reward for hard work.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 8.01.17, 12:55 am Post #60: | Reply With Quote
I never looked at easy pay as credit, but that's just me. I have the money, but for some reason it can see it being easier to pull the trigger with something like easy pay. You still pay the same, but it doesn't have the same immediate look as one high dollar price.

I only have a couple expensive rc's, and paying it all upfront certainly made me think thrice. Maybe that's a good thing.

I also don't have a significant other, lol.
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.