Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
fyrstormer - Yesterday, 12:16 pm Post #2121: | Reply With Quote
Loosen the slipper clutch a lot.
"New user"
DeadDrift - Yesterday, 2:41 pm Post #2122: | Reply With Quote
Recently bought a 1/10 ruckus 4wd, first RC I have ever owned. My wife tells me I'm going through a mid life LOL.

Anyway I like the truck, loads of fun. Decided to switch out the brushed for a brushless and change the shock oil. The stock shock oil is very weak, the truck bottomed out quite a bit. It's much better with the new oil.

I put in a Tazer 3300kv motor/esc combo, I thought it was reasonably priced upgrade. No issues with the install and the programming went fine. It's made a night and difference to the truck. Still running my stock 3300 nimh but wow the little bugger cooks now LOL.

The Old:

The New:

How it sets: (new oil and some spacers)
"Experienced user"
fyrstormer - Yesterday, 4:00 pm Post #2123: | Reply With Quote
Your wife has no idea what a mid-life crisis really looks like. Hint: It ain't just a new hobby.
"I do what I want"
HVAC Guru - Yesterday, 4:53 pm Post #2124: | Reply With Quote
It's different for everyone, I think the main point is a return to youth like state. Example, playing with toys.

Btw, Deaddrift, welcome to the addiction, and your ruckus looks good!
"Experienced user"
fyrstormer - Yesterday, 6:20 pm Post #2125: | Reply With Quote
Everyone re-evaluates their life from time to time, but my family's shrink explained to me that a mid-life *crisis* is a state in which someone feels trapped between the seemingly-unalterable course of their life and the approaching inevitability of their death, causing them to make severe changes so they can feel "free" again. The classic example is the mild-mannered businessman who, upon suffering his first age-related health problem, looks at his life, panics, buys a sports car, gets a divorce, moves to California, and starts dating someone half his age. I actually know a guy who pretty much did that exact thing, except he didn't move to California.

Buying a toy car to blow off steam after work is nowhere near that.

Sorry for the tangent, I'm just twitchy about the culture of exaggerating everything to make it sound important. It's just a toy car. Looks good, hope you have lots of fun with it.
(Last edited by fyrstormer : Yesterday at 6:22 pm)
"Regular user"
TeeDub86 - Today, 4:11 am Post #2126: | Reply With Quote
DeadDrift said
My wife tells me I'm going through a mid life LOL.
She should be thankful, probably the cheapest mid-life crisis I've ever heard of. It certainly isn't the (full-size) Car/Boat/Bike that everyone usually buys! I'd say she was just teasing.

If you have kids, you can say it's a way for you to spend more time with the kids...! It's all about how you spin it. So you'll need an extra one, with upgrade parts... to teach them... technical things?

For me, I got a package from RCMart today, they really should set up some sort of loyalty program. So here's my 4WD Torment with some new sticky rubber, and some Traxxas Flanged AND Nyloc wheel nuts. Everything feels better already, those wheel nuts aren't going anywhere...!

I still don't have a front bumper from when I broke it last time I was at the track. In the time it's taken me to fabricate a repair (still ongoing) I probably could have had a new one delivered by now...
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
"New user"
DeadDrift - Today, 4:50 am Post #2127: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the welcome gentís.
Fyrstormer I will have lot's of fun with thanks.
"Experienced user"
theboomfish - Today, 8:41 am Post #2128: | Reply With Quote
TeeDub86 said
So here's my 4WD Torment with some new sticky rubber, and some Traxxas Flanged AND Nyloc wheel nuts. Everything feels better already, those wheel nuts aren't going anywhere...!

I still don't have a front bumper from when I broke it last time I was at the track. In the time it's taken me to fabricate a repair (still ongoing) I probably could have had a new one delivered by now...
Yes, someone else with the Louise tyres. You have the race compound turbo sc as well They are pretty good and look great. Same bumper woes as me too! Tracks really are the toughest place for RCs IMO and those bumpers last about 5 minutes!!
ECX Ruckus V2. HW SCT 3400KV. 60AESC. Metal gears. MIP shafts. Alloy rear hexes. 7kg Servo. T-Bone Bumper+wheelie bar. Trenchers.
ECX Torment 4x4. EZRun4000kv 8T Pinion. Ruckus wheels. Ansmann 9kg WP Metal Servo.
Some hopped up Tamiya stuff and a Losi SCTE under construction.