Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
mutinyofthemind - 6.01.16, 5:22 pm Post #3351: | Reply With Quote
Had my ECX Ruckus delivered today!

Immediately zip-tied the steering servo.

Bound it to my DX4C and ran it a bit.

Currently swapping out the brushed setup for a 60amp Hobbywing ESC and a 36x58 3600KV motor. Adjusted the ESC tray and the battery hold down tabs to fit a hardcase lipo, then modded the hold down itself to better clear the wires since I have the two foam pads towards the front of the battery tray.

Up next is gorilla taping the interior of the body.

I definitely want some better tires. Probably trenchers since I can pick those up locally.

From there, see how things go... may throw my SRS4210 in it to have AVC and put it's SR310 into my Mugen. (Don't use the AVC in my buggy)
Arrma Outcast
Mugen MBX-6 Eco "Freight Train"; Xerun SCT Pro, Kershaw 3874 2400KV
"Experienced user"
jwsewell - 6.06.16, 11:02 pm Post #3352: | Reply With Quote
I mounted up a set of 2.8 Badlands on my 4x4 Torment today.

My body is already torn to pieces and I think I going to go ahead and do a buggy / truggy conversion.

Gobs of grip on dusty / sandy hard pack and more sky wheelies than I could count today!!
(Last edited by jwsewell : 6.06.16 at 11:20 pm) Reason: add pic
4WD Torment, 2.8 Badlands, Powerstrokes, Proline Baja body
Hobbywing SC-C1 combo 3400kv (3s) 12T pinion
Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT 3800kv (2s) 15T pinion
A pile of broken front ring gears
"Experienced user"
jwsewell - 6.08.16, 1:29 pm Post #3353: | Reply With Quote
2.8 badlands, CC sct 3800kv combo and 50% brake setting equals broken teeth on front ring gear
"Experienced user"
RCdad - 6.20.16, 6:06 pm Post #3354: | Reply With Quote
Went through another rpm steering block for my ruckus. The fine threaded shoulder screws ripped right out, lost those. Put a new set of the screws in only to have them fallout within minutes, even superglued them. Sucks, rpm wont warranty stripped plastics and the steering blocks are only sold in a set
Rc18t, hobbywing 25a, 7800 kv
Sc8.2e, stockish
Ruckus 2wd, hobbywing wpsc8, quicrun 3656 3800kv, traxxas big bores, solar d771, mip x duty axles
Hubsan X4
"jerk."
nino - 6.20.16, 10:44 pm Post #3355: | Reply With Quote
Yeah, that is the single worst part on the 2wd ECXs, the shoulder screws. I replaced the front hub carriers with rears (rotated 90 degrees) and put a bolt and nut through. Widens the front track but then I swap front and rear hexes and voila.

Also have another set of hub carriers from a BZ-444 that I managed to get to fit to the ecx caster blocks. Anything's better than stock. And the idiotic shoulder screws that come in a pack of 10 or whatever and only 4 of them fit.
signature not found
"Experienced user"
jwsewell - 6.29.16, 12:28 am Post #3356: | Reply With Quote

I still have to cut out and apply some decals.
I might end up trimming the body more to get it to sit deeper on the chassis......
"Experienced user"
slowmethinks - 6.29.16, 3:03 am Post #3357: | Reply With Quote
I upgraded the heck out of my AMP DB. Kinexis brushless combo, aluminum parts and shocks, TrackStar Tx/Rx.

And then I drove it straight into a wall... lol.

Dromida MT4.18 X2, Dromida BX4.18

ECX Ruckus 4WD BL, Ruckus 2WD, ECX AMP DBuggy, AMP MT stock

DHK Hunter BL, Arrma Talion, Axial Wraith Spawn
"rehsaB darykcaB"
bugoff75 - 7.01.16, 7:20 am Post #3358: | Reply With Quote
https://youtu.be/ZXLYM2hWHRo
that!
This Space For Rent.
"I do what I want"
HVAC Guru - 8.25.16, 4:19 pm Post #3359: | Reply With Quote
I got another one!
It's been a while since I've had an ECX in my fleet, the last one I owned was a Boost that I sold last year. I've been wanting to get a Circuit again, get back to my roots, my first hobby grade RC. My best friend had one, just sitting in the closet. In the back of my mind I knew it was there, but I wanted to give him time to see if he would be interested in it again. It had become evident that he was pretty much over RC, so I decided to make him an offer.

Here's what I got:

What you can't see is metal trans gears, 32p slipper upgrade, Tazer combo with 4000kv motor, and some tools. The batteries I'll probably just take to a recycling facility as I have no use for them.

Here's what it used to look like:

My old work shop, AKA the RC kitchen. Please excuse the mess

And shortly there after:

I have big plans for this thing. It's going to get completely rebuilt, and I plan on doing a bunch of key upgrades to it. It wont be right away, but more of a winter time project. It will emerge next spring reborn, and ready for some fun
"Regular user"
Svillax - 8.25.16, 4:22 pm Post #3360: | Reply With Quote
Put my ecx smash up for sale