Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"In the mirror you'll see a dog"
Rodarbal - Yesterday, 3:28 pm Post #11551: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
...Personally I find the smell of partially-burned nitro fuel and castor oil much less offensive than the smell of partially burned gasoline and motor oil.
When I used to do a lot of riding I LOVED the smell of CAM2 or high octane race fuel on the trail. Smelled like fresh laundry, made you want to ride faster, smelled like SPEED! Haha! Then some of the guys who rode two-smokers started using a scented oil mix. It was kinda funny riding along and all of sudden you smell a dude's grape- or berry-smelling CR250R dirt bike. LOL.

Kingy said
Got the old associated t4 out for some work. Replaced the crappy x-car 120a and 3900kv combo in it with a viper vtx10r black edition and 6.5t motor, and a turnigy tgy-t168hv 16.8kg servo.

Not very often I say this, but it might be a bit overpowered...
Ha! This inspires me to fire up the old XXX-T MF1. But right now my 8.5T Novak combo I ran in it is sitting in my 2wd Slash with paddle tires... aka. beach mode.
RJ Labrador
On Road: Tamiya & XRay
Off Road 1/10: Losi & XRay
Off Road 1/8: Mugen
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - Yesterday, 8:01 pm Post #11552: | Reply With Quote
Anyone that complains that modern racing isnt proper offroad any more, watch this video from the roar nationals that are currently taking place

https://www.facebook.com/BrentThielk...38696599629534

Rodarbal said
Ha! This inspires me to fire up the old XXX-T MF1. But right now my 8.5T Novak combo I ran in it is sitting in my 2wd Slash with paddle tires... aka. beach mode.
To be honest, that also sounds like great fun...
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - Yesterday, 8:28 pm Post #11553: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
Anyone that complains that modern racing isnt proper offroad any more, watch this video from the roar nationals that are currently taking place

https://www.facebook.com/BrentThielk...38696599629534

To be honest, that also sounds like great fun...
Looks like that about 150 miles east of me.

Out with mini Apex this morning. Replacement spur gear arrived for BT4. Picked my F1 car up from hobby store. Wiring looks much better.
"Hasa Diga Eebowai!"
lsear2905 - Yesterday, 11:38 pm Post #11554: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
That is proper off-road - I like that!

Ran the ERBE twice again today - after a pretty comprehensive overhaul (and a nice new set of tires) it's like having a new truck again.

Also realised that (with the exception of a beat-up Vorza that needed a complete rebuild) the HPI Q32 I bought last week is the only RC car I've bought this year! I am waiting for the new Tamiya Konghead 6WD which has been on order since April though.
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - Today, 1:28 am Post #11555: | Reply With Quote
Tested some Reedy 729 brushes in one of my motors. The Trinity 4403 brushes were abrasive like sandpaper compared to Reedy Plutonium brushes I used originally, so the Reedy Plutonium brushes were better, but they still wore the commutators faster than I liked even if they did it smoothly. The Reedy 729 brushes shouldn't have that problem, but they did drop the car's top speed by 2mph. There's always a catch.
(Last edited by fyrstormer : Today at 1:37 am)
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.