Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
RC Flea Market forum rules -- MANDATORY:
(If you don't follow the rules below in full, YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED without warning)
  1. ALWAYS start your "for sale" post title (subject line) with "FS:" and start "wanted" listing titles with "Wanted:"
  2. You may only buy if you have been a member for 3+ months, sell after 6 months, no exceptions (learn why).
  3. Include clear, current photos of any item worth $50+ USD. No "email me for pics," no "pics later," no photos from the web, no exceptions.
  4. List only items that you personally own. Friends & family must use their own accounts. No commercial listings.
  5. Sellers, do not request PayPal "gifting" or any extra fee for PayPal payments. Wrap any desired fees into your item prices.
  6. You may "bump" a thread only if it falls off the first page of topics.
  7. If you aren't seriously interested in a purchase, don't reply to an ad unless you strongly suspect fraud.
  8. When your item sells, edit your thread's title to "Sold," but don't delete the original post.
Warning: Trading (item for item) is extremely risky and fraud-prone, and thus very strongly discouraged. Individuals in small towns can acquire a proof of shipment receipt from a "friendly" US Postal Service employee while an item is actually on hold at the postal station, thus trades can only be based on blind trust.
"My only friend's a goat."
Mr Clickerson - 5.11.17, 3:37 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Bought a MERV almost a year ago to take with me on the road for off time at work. I just dont use it as much as I thought I would (and I kinda missed my old full size Revo). Thinking of selling, curious what I should ask being as I paid 340 new.

-Hot Racing aluminum shock bodies with ~3000wt fluid and blue rated springs.

-Hot Racing aluminum knuckles front and rear.

-Traxxas aluminum pushrods and turn buckles.

-Savox 250MG

-2.2 HPI wheels with Proline Gladiators

-2x 2200mah Traxxas Lipos with EZPeak charger, and 2x 1200mah NiMHs, and parallel harness.

-RPM front A arms.

-Mini Summit rear arms for longer wheelbase.

-Stock remote and documentation, various odds and ends plus goody bag, including mini Summit rockers.

Trucks a bit dusty and havent had the time to clean it. Would be cleaned to like-new levels before sale or posting.

Also, sorry, not sorry for huge pics. Uploaded from phone, forgot to resize.
(Last edited by Mr Clickerson : 5.11.17 at 5:15 pm)

"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 5.11.17, 5:08 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
I tried to sell my merv with traxxas cvds, hot racing shocks, hot racing steering post, GPM knuckles, proline dirt hawgs, a spare set of rims, the factory body, a proline vw bug body, new unpainted body, 2 3s SPC Racing lipos, RPM a arms front and rear, Rpm knuckles, hot racing body posts, rpm front and rear bumpers, two different sets of rockers, all new bearings, traxxas wheelie bar, 28, 23 and 18t pinions, new chassis, new bulks, new diffs, new wing, new wing mount, a thunder ac6 charger, Traxxas TQI Radio with 5 Channel telemetry ready receiver and a random bag of parts. Before it got stolen by my ex I had it listed for $250 and didn't get a single message from anyone. Most on here will tell you that it's orthodox half of retail and any household and mods done do not add any value.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Mr Clickerson - 5.11.17, 5:25 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
slick2500 said
It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
I tried to sell my merv with traxxas cvds, hot racing shocks, hot racing steering post, GPM knuckles, proline dirt hawgs, a spare set of rims, the factory body, a proline vw bug body, new unpainted body, 2 3s SPC Racing lipos, RPM a arms front and rear, Rpm knuckles, hot racing body posts, rpm front and rear bumpers, two different sets of rockers, all new bearings, traxxas wheelie bar, 28, 23 and 18t pinions, new chassis, new bulks, new diffs, new wing, new wing mount, a thunder ac6 charger, Traxxas TQI Radio with 5 Channel telemetry ready receiver and a random bag of parts. Before it got stolen by my ex I had it listed for $250 and didn't get a single message from anyone. Most on here will tell you that it's orthodox half of retail and any household and mods done do not add any value.
I have sold plenty of things in my life, including dozens of RC's. What someone is willing to pay will fluctuate greatly depending on what it is, condition, and modifications, so telling me that its only worth what someone is willing to pay goes without saying...what someone is willing to pay is what determines the market.

As for mods, some can boost value, but as a general rule, I know the return on investment of mods is nil...point being however, if someone had the choice between two of the same item in identical condition, but with one having been upgraded to absolve some common problems, the value of that one will be higher than the other to prospective buyers.

So you had one up for 250 and no nibbles. Thats useful info, and exactly what Im looking for. Wonder if anyone else will chime in with what theirs have gone for.

"Experienced user"
tHErchObBiEsT - 5.11.17, 6:02 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I sold mine locally, RTR with little upgrades in great condition, for 190 $ US.
traxxas stampede 4x4

losi micro rally/ trail trekker

tamiya tt-01 BMW M3
Mr Clickerson - 5.11.17, 6:40 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
tHErchObBiEsT said
I sold mine locally, RTR with little upgrades in great condition, for 190 $ US.
Thanks, this is good info.

"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 5.11.17, 8:03 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Mr Clickerson said
I have sold plenty of things in my life, including dozens of RC's. What someone is willing to pay will fluctuate greatly depending on what it is, condition, and modifications, so telling me that its only worth what someone is willing to pay goes without saying...what someone is willing to pay is what determines the market.

As for mods, some can boost value, but as a general rule, I know the return on investment of mods is nil...point being however, if someone had the choice between two of the same item in identical condition, but with one having been upgraded to absolve some common problems, the value of that one will be higher than the other to prospective buyers.

So you had one up for 250 and no nibbles. Thats useful info, and exactly what Im looking for. Wonder if anyone else will chime in with what theirs have gone for.
Sorry was on my phone and I sometimes think of what I am wanting to type while trying to type something else and completely miss entire sentences in my replies. I was going to suggest check Facebook, Craigslist, eBay ect and compare what you have with what is for sale, watch the adds on eBay and see what they finally sell for.

I lied I had one of those craigslist scammers contact me.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Regular user"
jvidal - 5.12.17, 3:50 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Mr clickerson, how much money is on that RC?
Rombo Romboide
Plato Platoide
Mr Clickerson - 5.12.17, 8:31 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
jvidal said
Mr clickerson, how much money is on that RC?
340 for the truck, 100 for batts and charger, 60 for wheels and tires, about 50 for pushrods and turnbuckles I believe, 25 on the servo, 20ish for RPM arms and 10 for Summit arms.

555 dollars given those numbers, give or take a few bucks. Obviously will never see that back.