Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
St. George - 5.15.17, 8:48 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
Gramps50 said
From what I've seen of Billy's YD-2 TC so far it looks just like my YD-2 drift. I'm going to guess setup and tires. Here's some pics of my YD-2 as I assembled it. Mine didn't come with tires, wheels, or electronic. https://gramps50.smugmug.com/GrayBea...YD-2/i-G9j8mp7
I'm guessing that the the drift version has different steering blocks that allow more turning angle?
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.16.17, 5:33 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
Getting closer.

"Experienced user"
2WheelFlyer - 5.16.17, 8:23 am Post #43: | Reply With Quote
I want to see that thing run!! I still don't expect much performance from just 2 tc size tires doing all the acceleration and braking though... oval track only maybe?
When the day comes that the Human race finally thinks in a logical way and realizes only technology and science can solve problems and make discoveries, all of today's religious hatred will seem as ignorant as the Middle Ages.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.16.17, 9:06 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
2WheelFlyer said
I want to see that thing run!! I still don't expect much performance from just 2 tc size tires doing all the acceleration and braking though... oval track only maybe?
Only few video for it. All have been on carpet. I'm thinking more like my F1, but able to run on multiple surfaces.

Here's one of the videos for it.

https://youtu.be/_JC8ERvAKlA
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.17.17, 5:23 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
I'd like to say that this has been the most well packaged kit I've built. Even down to taping together all the e-clips. And including a spare. Plus a a useful tool for adjusting links.

"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.19.17, 11:02 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
#2. Progress update

https://youtu.be/E3ha92287a0
"Experienced user"
St. George - 5.19.17, 5:07 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
I can't wait to see how this does in a parking lot. I'm also curious as to what motor you'll be using. Have you narrowed it down to anything?
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.19.17, 5:41 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
St. George said
I can't wait to see how this does in a parking lot. I'm also curious as to what motor you'll be using. Have you narrowed it down to anything?
I'm not sure yet. There are a couple systems I'm curious about. The 2n1 system that Kyosho and Dynamite have has had my interest since first learned of it. With ESC built in to motor, would make a clean wiring look. At 3000kv it's not too high rated. I know some have had heat issues with the system, but those were standard all wheel drive.
I've come to like sensored systems with TC. From reading it looks like Yokomo used a 21.5 system in the short videos they did. I could borrow the 21.5 from my USGT car to try. I don't yet have anything running a 17.5 motor. Which could be too much, but not having one gives me the excuse to try.