Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
doctyler - 3.18.17, 2:02 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Sorry there are people on here having issues with there ecx vehicles...but i love my amps. So decided to treat my monster amp with a new body. This is what my post lady brought me today Just got to figure out what color. Also contemplating putting front homemade headlight buckets in, a roof light bar, or both for low light driving. Nothing extreme. Just alittle light to help with driving. What ya'll think? Color? Lights? any suggestions welcomed

Enough cars and trucks....I may have a problem.
"Experienced user"
Cirasa - 3.20.17, 10:00 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
looks great...is that a shortcourse truck body? any issue with the front wheels rubbing the body when turned?

light buckets and roof lights would look great, but I myself gave up adding those things because they always break during bashing sessions and I got tired of fixing them.
"Experienced user"
doctyler - 3.20.17, 10:15 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
thanks.....understand about breaking stuff. and its always dumb stuff nothing major....thats just the stock body. its the 26$ replacment No issues with rubbing or turning. Only issues i have had with this set up is the trenchers like to ballon...but i could care less. It does not affect what we do with these bashers...
"Regular user"
racinray - 5.16.17, 7:56 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Looks awesome man!
"Experienced user"
2WheelFlyer - 5.16.17, 8:26 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
pic of the post lady ?? I thought it was a love story thread lol
When the day comes that the Human race finally thinks in a logical way and realizes only technology and science can solve problems and make discoveries, all of today's religious hatred will seem as ignorant as the Middle Ages.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 5.16.17, 8:35 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Lights Def up the cool factor by a million, I run both a roof light bar and a front bumper mounted light bar. What ever you decide to do mount them in such a way that they are out of the way of impacts. For the roof lights mount them as far down the windshield as you dare go, the front lights should be mounted behind the front bumper and never on the hood

Here you can see where I mounted mine, on top of the bumper away from the action

Car on the right would be correct, car on the left was too high got sheered off

Something like this works great for the grill area, just plug n play
(Last edited by riderinblack : 5.16.17 at 8:40 am)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
doctyler - 5.16.17, 9:48 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
thanks guys...haven't done the lights yet. But body is done so far...but since been bashing with buddies i have been still using the old body...the new body is "oh so nice"..lol I put that body on when it sits in garage.

my post lady not hot...but i do still love her..hahaha she brings me alot of gifts and i even got her one day to stop her route and play with me and the amps for about 10mins...she got a quick how to drive lesson and actually didn't do to bad..lol

I am going to get bar and mount it between windshield and hood like a real truck..think that will be a safe spot...thanks riderinblack. great idea!