Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 1.06.17, 11:54 am Post #111: | Reply With Quote
Definitely worth the money, nice machine work, no sharp edges, I would buy them again. I'm kind of curious to know if vanquish rings fit them as well.
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
Rakkasan 1/187 Infantry Regiment
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 1.06.17, 5:59 pm Post #112: | Reply With Quote
Well I just got around to putting the rest of the wheels together, and then the most frustrating thing happens.....they shorted me 3 screw for the beadlock ring. That is like missing 1 piece in a puzzle, just ridiculous, I know I didn't lose any all of the screws were placed in a magnetic dish taken out 1 by 1. SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!! Now I will have to go by my hobby shop and hopefully they carry these tiny screws.
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 1.06.17, 7:12 pm Post #113: | Reply With Quote
Problem solved thanks to some proline slash 2wd front hexes, I used the screws from those.
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 1.10.17, 6:13 pm Post #114: | Reply With Quote
Got my wheel hubs today, I'll post a picture of the wheels on my truck tomorrow
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 2.06.17, 4:16 pm Post #115: | Reply With Quote
Making a few changes to the truck. Today I drilled out the housings to fit TJRC axle tubes to do the xr mod, and I got some new electronics I wanted to try as well. Hobbystar 60a sensored brushless esc, and hobbystar sensored brushless 21.5t motor, I'll be running this in 3s so I'll see how the esc holds up.

- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"jerk."
nino - 3.20.17, 12:14 pm Post #116: | Reply With Quote
What do you think of the Tenshock 906? Hard to find reviews/info... could be a cheap waterproof way to power my Wraith, 1250KV version on 4s should be fun.

It wasn't all that so you're going sensored or wut?
In order of appearance:
ECX Torment 2WD BL | Tamiya Stadium Blitzer | H.King Rattler | Basher Bad Bug | Basher Hellseeker | Axial Wraith Spawn
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 3.20.17, 12:24 pm Post #117: | Reply With Quote
It was a decent motor just not as smooth as sensored or brushed, which was to be expected. I mostly just like to try different electronics, that is the only reason I swapped it out. I would buy a 906 again, just if you are looking for super smooth starts and really precise throttle control I'd go either sensored or brushed.
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 3.30.17, 1:28 pm Post #118: | Reply With Quote
I've been running the hobbystar electronics in my scx10 for a little while now and I must say that I am really impressed, I did have to solder up a bec but that is pretty much a given anyway. The electronics perform really well for me, the only downside is I think I should have gotten a 17.5t motor instead of the 21.5t, wheel speed is a little faster than a 45t but maybe a touch slower than a 35t on 3s. No heat issues at all so far, I think I just found my new favorite electronics brand.

(Last edited by Jburke187 : 3.30.17 at 1:43 pm)
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"