Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"New user"
Hunter B. - 4.17.17, 10:43 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I have been driving my friend's rc traxxas cars and I love it. So, I don't know if I want a Monster Truck 4x4 or The Slash 4x4. I plan on doing whatever I come across with the rc car, staircases, some jumps (but not extreme jumps), going fast on dirt, rocks, and roots, and hillclimbs.

I think I am going to buy the Slash 4x4, but also tell me the perks of a monster truck over the Slash.

Also, what exactly does the skill level on the traxxas website mean, how hard it is to drive, or how good the car is?
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.11.17, 1:42 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
This is actually a hard decision to make since both are good vehicles. I'd say this really depends on your needs. If you want ground clearance then a stampede, good handling then a slash.
The skill level shows how hard it is to control a vehicle
(Last edited by onedoesnotrc : 7.12.17 at 8:47 pm) Reason: I double posted
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.11.17, 2:22 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
deleted
(Last edited by onedoesnotrc : 7.14.17 at 7:59 am)
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 7.11.17, 9:42 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Dude, stop double posting and just edit your post instead. This is like the 3rd thread I've seen you chain post in.

Though this thread is 3 months old, I'll still reply and tell you that there are much better choices than just sticking to Traxxas. Their slash and stampede are both good trucks, but for instance, the Arrma Senton is a better short course truck for about the same money. Far more durable, the slash isn't in the same league. It will require more expensive batteries, but you'll still end up about the same price if you do it right because Traxxas doesn't allow tower coupons and Arrma does.

The short course trucks are going to handle better, be more durable, and you won't have to chase them down to flip them back over nearly as much. For a first time buyer that's the direction I would head. Hopefully the op comes back to us eventually
Arrma Talion - ACE Ripper 2000kv, HW Quicrun 150a, Brushless 25kg servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.12.17, 8:33 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
well I'm still new to the forum, so i dont know how to delete my post. Yet.
and of course how do I do it?
(Last edited by onedoesnotrc : 7.12.17 at 8:37 pm) Reason: haven't figured out how to delete my post ye
"Experienced user"
Noel2 - 7.12.17, 8:43 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
you can't delete your post but you can edit by using the edit button on top of your post.
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.12.17, 8:54 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Noel2 said
you can't delete your post but you can edit by using the edit button on top of your post.
I've seen some people deleting their post. How?
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 7.12.17, 11:16 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Deleting hasn't worked for s long time. If you're seeing it, you're reading old threads. Rules link is at the top of every page

Spektrum DX4S
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.13.17, 7:01 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
thegrafxguy said
Deleting hasn't worked for s long time. If you're seeing it, you're reading old threads. Rules link is at the top of every page
So only Jang can delete the posts that you made?
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 7.13.17, 9:35 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Correct, only JANG can delete stuff now. There was an issue with members getting upset and deleting stuff that they'd posted that was helpful. Like whole threads going away. So JANG put an end to it. It might also have been around the time that the server crash happened a few years back also.

There is an edit button on the upper right of each post that he would rather us use than delete or chain post.

Spektrum DX4S