Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 7.16.17, 6:46 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
I was only thinking of the 1/10 Yeti.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
DeathVirus - 7.16.17, 8:52 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
I was only thinking of the 1/10 Yeti.
I've been looking at the Rock Rey and Twin Hammers and I can't fathom why they'd make they Rock Rey so much better better for just a little more. That would be like Latrax trying to compete with Traxxas

On the surface the Rock Rey does look better than the Yeti although I have yet to see it perform. That 6 pole 550 the Rock Rey has is a beast! 41mph just on 2s is insane and it's got plenty of torque as well. It's also a little lighter than the Yeti. One thing I like about Losi is how smooth their suspension is so that's another plus
Kraton V2 Street build
Traxxas Summit with Proline Mashers 3.8
Trail Rustler 2wd with Ofna "diff locker"
Latrax Alias with MMW motors
Traxxas Aton Plus
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.16.17, 9:07 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
To be fair the Twin Hammer is 4 years old. Losi had years to come up with the Rock Rey.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 7.16.17, 10:34 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
The Twin Hammers was designed to cater to the scale-accurate rock-racer market segment, which never really got going. The Rock Rey was designed to cater to the not-so-scale-accurate rock-basher segment once it became obvious that's the direction the market was actually going in.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 7.17.17, 4:15 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
The Twin Hammers was designed to cater to the scale-accurate rock-racer market segment, which never really got going. The Rock Rey was designed to cater to the not-so-scale-accurate rock-basher segment once it became obvious that's the direction the market was actually going in.
Quite a big assumption to make... Twin hammers are very popular in u4rc and aus4rc racing scenes, and very few people are changing to rock Reys as yetis handle better and neither are suited to 2.2 ultra.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.17.17, 4:32 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
Quite a big assumption to make... Twin hammers are very popular in u4rc and aus4rc racing scenes, and very few people are changing to rock Reys as yetis handle better and neither are suited to 2.2 ultra.
The rock racing thing is very regional here in States. West coast seems popular. Not so much for the rest. Local track near me had one setup for a year. But it's gone now.
"Experienced user"
DeathVirus - 7.17.17, 6:45 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
What makes the Yeti handle better than the Rock Rey? They seem identical

I changed my list to:
I'd have to put:
1. Traxxas Summit
2. Traxxas X-Maxx locked diffs
3. Axial Yeti
4. Losi Rock Rey
5. Traxxas TRX-4
6. Traxxas E-Revo locked diffs
7. Vaterra Twin Hammers
8. Arrma Nero Big Rock
9. HPI Baja Kraken locked diffs
10. Trail Stampede 4x4
(Last edited by DeathVirus : 7.17.17 at 8:45 am)
Kraton V2 Street build
Traxxas Aton Plus
"Experienced user"
Noel2 - 7.17.17, 7:51 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
Axial twin hammers lol^
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 7.17.17, 8:44 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
DeathVirus said
What makes the Yeti handle better than the Rock Rey? They seem identical
I wrote my last post in a rush, so I should ammend it to the Yeti can handle better, but requires work to do so. If you want to drive something out of the box that has drivers aides like avc and don't care for learning how the vehicle works and how to set it up correctly then get a Baja Rey. If you are willing to put the work in and purchase a few upgrades then the Yeti will reward you.

It's better in my opinion because on a u4 style track it can turn faster lap times from what I have seen.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
DeathVirus - 7.17.17, 8:45 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Noel2 said
Axial twin hammers lol^
Fixed. I was thinking a lot about Axial at the time lol
Kraton V2 Street build
Traxxas Aton Plus