Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"OREGON IS FASTER"
c01e0 - 1.08.13, 3:40 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place.

I have noticed that, for the first few minutes of my run, the slipper clutch seems very loose. Just as I think I should tighten it, it always seems to tighten up on me. Are the slipper pads heating up, therefore causing more friction, and giving the slipper a tighter feel? It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious. I actually think it's kind of cool! What do you guys think?
I'm no dentist, but our uniforms are flossin'.
STRC LCG Slash, Axial SCX10 Dingo, Losi 8ight E 2.0, Tamiya TA04 drifter (shared)
"Vacationing user"
Byodood - 1.08.13, 4:27 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I think your pads are glazed over, you might wanna replace them, they're cheap.
"Dragon"
deerhurst - 1.08.13, 4:27 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
It could be heat expanding the parts but I cant say for sure.

Personally, Id just tighten it properly so it is the same cold or hot and will not wear as fast nor generate as much heat.

If the pads are glazed scuff them and the plate they slip on with some fine grit sand paper or emery paper.
Tamiya DF03ra Lancia Delta | E-Revo | F350 SCX10
Current project: Carbon Fiber Vantage based E-Slayer
Here, dragon-dragon-dragon!
"Experienced user"
3DSteve - 1.08.13, 5:17 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I think that after a few minutes your batteries have drained a bit and don't have the punch to make the slipper clutch slip as much.
"OREGON IS FASTER"
c01e0 - 1.08.13, 6:00 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Huh, I'll try sanding them. Thanks for the replies, guys.
I'm no dentist, but our uniforms are flossin'.
STRC LCG Slash, Axial SCX10 Dingo, Losi 8ight E 2.0, Tamiya TA04 drifter (shared)
"Big Talkin Know Nothin"
federally - 1.09.13, 12:44 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
3DSteve said
I think that after a few minutes your batteries have drained a bit and don't have the punch to make the slipper clutch slip as much.
This is the most likely answer
Electrix Ruckus EzRun 60amp esc + Vxl motor
Axial SCX10 Sidewinder Sv2 + Tacon 1200kv motor

Sparta, TN
"Experienced user"
The DC - 1.09.13, 2:46 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
federally said
This is the most likely answer
+3,that's what I was thinking too,plus a +2 on that they may be a bit glazed over.
Axial Ridgecrest RTR
Axial SCX10 Jeep Rubicon RTR
ECX Smash
Venom Creeper