Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 1.14.10, 11:14 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

Here's a quick, painless, and safe way to remove the chrome from most RC car & truck wheels, leaving a clean white slate that you can either leave as-is or dye to the color of your choice.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"R2E Leader!"
satan6907 - 1.14.10, 11:28 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
wonder how well this will work on my axial 8 spokes and the e-revo stock rims.
Slash 2wd VXL ( rebulding for racing)
FT B4
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 1.14.10, 11:37 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Should work equally well on any modern wheels.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"R2E Leader!"
satan6907 - 1.14.10, 11:41 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
ok, just a good thing neither are made by duratrax, good kits and rtrs but there rims just suck.
Slash 2wd VXL ( rebulding for racing)
FT B4
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 1.14.10, 11:44 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Yeah seriously! I learned about those the hard way. Put a set of Evader wheels (the ones used on XXX-Tyranus) in a pot of acetone in like '04, left them overnight to remove the tires, came back and all I had left were tires, and some milky off-white substance at the bottom of the bucket that was the completely dissolved residue of what was once wheels Fortunately most wheels are nylon, but it's worth testing 'em in advance no matter what.
"Vacationing user"
Rimmy - 1.15.10, 10:04 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
well thats a good tip for getting good tires off of duratrax rims then.

and I hate that you made this, as I will likely be trying it on my rusty and promptly dying the rims red lol
"Don't you mean Wabaki?"
Benzo - 1.15.10, 12:37 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
No joke on those duratrax rims eh! I was baking some to remove the tires, did it just like all ther rims I had to do, after the time was up all I had left was some warped useless rims.
"Checkers or Wreckers"
208BrAnDo - 1.17.10, 8:18 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Another great "how to"!

Thank you Sir
"Experienced user"
Jim511 - 1.21.10, 11:01 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
ever accidentally get acetone on a lexan body? does it eat through?
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 1.21.10, 11:10 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Acetone does attack Lexan. If you just get a drop on it, it just makes the surface cloudy. You can wet-sand it back pretty decently. I haven't tried soaking Lexan in acetone, but would assume that given enough time, it'd dissolve.