Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
kms1357 - 6.19.03, 1:29 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
wat is the difference between shock oil thicknesess? i want to get some extra is i buy the Associated RC10T3
motto(to the game vice city)- ~why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly~
"Experienced user"
fireblade - 6.20.03, 8:17 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
The difference between "50" wt oil and "60" wt oil means that the 60 is going to be thicker and slower for the shock to go up into the body.
-- Garrett L. Jones
AIM-teamassociatedae
Team Associated, Team Losi, Fantom, Integy, Team Hitec RCD,Team Sorex, Speedworld Raceway, Black flys www.flys.com
"Experienced user"
kms1357 - 6.21.03, 4:35 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
so you want the thinest?
""Mr. Gullible""
trxrustler11121 - 6.21.03, 5:22 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
No, not usually. Thicker weight shock oil works for, say, a track with alot of jumps. Your car won't be as "springy". Likewise if the track is smooth. Thinner oil will soak up little bumps better. It's all track conditions.
"Experienced user"
kms1357 - 6.21.03, 6:29 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
ok....so for like goin on some grass thats a lil bumpy or on like a few little small jumps, what do you recommend?
""Mr. Gullible""
trxrustler11121 - 6.21.03, 7:34 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I would go with about 35 weight. Just because if you go with something lighter you won't be able to keep the tires stuck to the ground. They will hop around and spin out.
banditblaster - 6.22.03, 8:21 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
i use 40 in all my cars and it works perfect for everything. i romp around in the grass, i race, and i launch my car at the local jumps. i would go with 35 or 40.
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 6.22.03, 8:28 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
On T3's with stock pistons, 30wt seems to be plenty stiff.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.