Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 9.09.10, 3:42 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I was flicking through my ten-year old Tamiya catalouge, when I noticed that the DF01 is very similar to the TA02, except for different shock mounts,black gearboxes, longer suspension arms and ...thats it. The next time I get a car, Im going for a DF01 (Lancer or Cayenne) and Im just wondering whether TA02 parts are interchangable between them...especially the gearboxes. I'de also be happy to know whether the suspension arms of the Cayenne/Lancer are the same as those on the TA02.
Any help would be appreciated.
(Last edited by tamiyafier : 9.09.10 at 3:48 am)
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"eXmod"
stampedefreak. - 9.09.10, 2:21 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Ever seen a Dirt Thrasher? It's a TA-02 buggy. I love mine.

All the parts should be identical, I believe, other than a-arms, axles, and their associated links.

At one point I was going to mount up and F-150/S-10 body to see how it looked, never ended up getting one though.
Former moderator of URC.
NOVAK>VXL
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 9.09.10, 2:28 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Do you know anything about the width of the Porsche/Lancer?

-Michael Scott
"eXmod"
stampedefreak. - 9.09.10, 7:46 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Not too sure, They are scale-type vehicles though, right? Probably the same width as the original TA-02/F-150 if I had to guess. Basically 190-200mm, ish.

UltimateTamiya to the rescue!
http://www.ultimatetamiya.com/buggies/df01/

All are the same width, and same chassis, except for the buggies (including my Dirt Thrasher) that have a wider suspension.
Former moderator of URC.
NOVAK>VXL
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
"Experienced user"
MDRTales - 9.09.10, 9:53 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Dosent the df01 trap alot of dirt
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 9.09.10, 10:26 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Thats not exactly what I had in mind.I really want a TA02, but new kits are very rare now, so Im planning on converting a DF01 to a 'TA02'.Red gearboxes,red knuckles,some mesh wheels and a re-released M3 Evo body, and I'll have a TA02!
(Last edited by tamiyafier : 9.09.10 at 10:51 pm)

-Michael Scott
"Experienced user"
02BlackTransAm - 9.10.10, 5:01 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I would just buy a TA02. Im in the middle of converting a TA02 to basically a short wheel base DF01 buggy (With the MUCH longer susp. arms.) and the width is crazy (to say the least). But i would keep my eye on Ebay. Im always looking on Ebay, and there are some kits that are already assembled that pop up every now and then. Just keep looking. You`ll find one. I was fortunate to have a parts car when i built my last TA02 drift car. So now im rebuilding the parts car lol
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 9.10.10, 5:05 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Well the thing is, I prefer to buy things from a shop, and if I buy it was prebuilt, I will have to take it apart again. If I get a new DF01 kit, then I can build it myself and not worry about damaging vintage parts.Besides, If I get the DF01 kit, I'll have a spare Porsche Cayenne or Repsol Mitsubishi Race Lancer body lying around. BTW-The Cayenne and Race Lancer have shorter arms to fit in the wheel arches.
(Last edited by tamiyafier : 9.10.10 at 5:11 pm)

-Michael Scott