VXL-3s LED Codes and Protection Modes
• Solid Green: VXL-3s power on light. Low-Voltage Detection is ON (LiPo setting).
• Solid Red: VXL-3s power on light. Low-Voltage Detection is OFF (NiCad/NiMH setting).
• Fast Blinking Red: Thermal Shutdown Protection Stage 1. If the motor has lower than normal power and the
VXL-3s is hot, the VXL-3s has entered Stage 1 Thermal Shutdown Protection to guard against overheating caused
by excessive current flow. If the motor has no power and the VXL-3s is very hot, the VXL-3s has entered Stage 2
Thermal Shutdown Protection and has automatically shut down. Let the VXL-3s cool. Make sure your model is
properly geared for the conditions.
• Slow Blinking Red (with Low-Voltage Detection on): The VXL-3s has entered Low-Voltage Protection. When
the battery voltage begins to reach the minimum recommended discharge voltage threshold for LiPo battery
packs, the VXL-3s will limit the power output to 50% throttle. When the battery voltage attempts to fall below the
minimum threshold, the VXL-3s will shut down all motor output. The LED on the speed control will slowly blink
red, indicating a low-voltage shutdown. The VXL-3s will stay in this mode until a fully charged battery is connected.
• Alternating; Blinks Red then Green: If the motor has no power, the VXL-3s has entered Over Voltage Protection.
If a battery with too high voltage is used, the VXL-3s will go into a failsafe mode. Warning: If input voltage exceeds
approximately 20-volts, the ESC may be damaged. Do not exceed 12.6 maximum peak input voltage.
• Blinking Green: The VXL-3s is indicating the transmitter Throttle Trim is incorrectly set. Adjust the Throttle Trim to
the middle “0” setting.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it.
It's not a Hobby, It's a Passion.