Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
budlack - 2.17.11, 6:06 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I have a Traxxas Stampede.......with the stock Titan 550 12 t motor.
Traxxas told me its not rebuildable, but I don't buy it.....

Anyone ever rebuild one, they are soldered shut, but can I un do it and put new brushes in it...

Thanks anyone???
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 2.17.11, 6:32 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
nope, they are pretty well sealed, its not like the old day where you could bend the tabs back and dive in, also, the brushes are not like those of rebuildables.

best bet is to buy a new one and break it in. imo a new, broken in, titan will be easily able to hit 35 in a rustler
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"Experienced user"
rupert - 2.19.11, 5:00 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I've done a number of them , but can't seem to source the brushes. I have lots of them "waiting" for brushes.
"Experienced user"
trabs36 - 2.19.11, 1:21 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
my slash 2wd with the 550 12t burnout ina week. traxxas sent me a new one but just for grins i tries rebuildin the old one and i couldnt get in the motor to fix it......dont use a plasma cutter. i tried usin one, bad idea