Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 3.29.11, 11:50 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
The rally variant of the DF03 buggy chassis has been on the market for awhile, but I'm just now taking the plunge. The inspiration is explained here. This will begin as a typical Ultimate Tamiya "homage" build and will first be driven bone stock, but I'll follow that up with some very minor retuning and a brushless motor upgrade to see how much performance I can squeeze out of this vehicle in the ~$300 range RTR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110330-tamiya-df03ra-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-x-001.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	24109  
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 3.30.11, 2:40 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
So will the body be getting box art or the URC treatment?
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 3.30.11, 2:55 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Not sure yet. I'm strongly considering breaking tradition and going straight for the URC do-up from the start. If it was an onroad kit with this body I'd do a factory-style one-color body since that'd be scale. However since this has aggressive rally tires, I think it would actually be more appropriate and "realistic," if you will, to do a sponsored livery.

Of course, I do have a second identical shell sitting in the wings, in case I decide to do both, or in case I screw one up. If neither is the case, then that second body will remain a backup for either this of the TA05
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 3.30.11, 3:04 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Hmmm....you could paint it box art, strip it and re-paint it just for the sake of the homage page.....but that would be kind of pointless. Maybe you can attempt a real-life paint scheme? Ralliart stripes, perhaps?

-Michael Scott
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 3.30.11, 3:21 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Well the Ralliart Evo X track car looked like this:

http://www.fastestlaps.com/photos/_M...dc394ce375.jpg

Me no like.

Given that this is a street body with stock-width fenders, I'm going to stick to either a factory look or how I'd make a full-scale Evo X look if I owned one.
"Stronger, Faster, Better..."
RacerRSX - 3.30.11, 4:53 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I would vote for the full-scale Evo X JANG Style. Curious to see what your Evo would look like.
"Experienced user"
catdubh74 - 3.30.11, 6:15 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Ralliart Evo X track car looked like this:
Painfully uninspired.

The building spree continues...!
in order of appearance ... Rustler XL-5 ... RC18R ...CC-01 Land Cruiser 40 ...DF-02 Gravel Hound ... M-03 Swift (assembly required) ... TA-02T Chevy S-10 (restoration in progress)
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 3.30.11, 2:08 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Oh my, that Ralliart Evo certainly isn't very pretty. In my opinion, just paint it like a street car. Silver or white would suit it very well.

-Michael Scott
"Do you even race?"
indy34096 - 3.30.11, 2:15 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
maybe you should scrap that ricer altogether and get a ken block rally body!
TLR 22 MM, B4.1 Factory Team, RC10 Classic, Proboat Impulse 26
Larry's Performance R/C's | RC Clubhouse
"Back in Orange. In steyl.."
SkylineGuy - 3.30.11, 4:02 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
indy34096 said
maybe you should scrap that ricer altogether and get a ken block rally body!

HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH HEINOUS THINGS!!1!!
YOU HAVE NO SPIRIT FOR TAMIYA!

Ken Block is a terrible driver and is really only liked by the media.
The only reason you say that is because Traxxas has one.

LONG LIVE TAMIYA! GLORIOUS TAMIYA!!!

(Side note: This is a joke. But really, I don't think the wheelbases match. Nor should one put a Traxxas body on a TAMIYA chassis. It's like committing treason.)
(Last edited by SkylineGuy : 3.30.11 at 4:07 pm)
For the love of Skylines-and or GTRs'- with every other body I buy.

I AM THE ONE AND OLNY THEH BESTEST

Cyan Text