Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
traxxasmaxx3.3 - 5.01.11, 10:49 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
[Seven threads merged]

The place is called Active Powersports. They have really good prices on RC stuff (20$ lower on some cars compared to Amain) And i was wondering if anyone has done business with them and if you did, were they a good company? would you order from them again? was the shipping quick? And if you had any problems did they help you resolve it? Thanks!

http://www.activepowersports.com/
(Last edited by theJANG : 5.04.12 at 11:42 am)
"Experienced user"
Plasting - 5.02.11, 6:25 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
None of them really look like there discounted that much. I always base my purchases off of the first impression I get from the site.

That one looks like garbage!
"Experienced user"
traxxasmaxx3.3 - 5.03.11, 5:52 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
But for example the Traxxas Boss 302 VXL is 266$ while everywhere else its no lower than 300$
"Experienced user"
sv650touring - 5.03.11, 9:37 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Amazon has the Traxxas Boss 302 VXL for $289.09 shipped & Stormer Hobbies has them for for 287.90 shipped, and both seem to have good reputations.

Active Powersports has them for 281.29 shipped (estimated). So you are looking at ~$7 savings by ordering from them. There isn't much info online but, some reports are not good - very slow shipping and hard to get ahold of via email.

Doesn't seem worth it to me.
"Experienced user"
traxxasmaxx3.3 - 5.03.11, 10:20 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
sv650touring said
Amazon has the Traxxas Boss 302 VXL for $289.09 shipped & Stormer Hobbies has them for for 287.90 shipped, and both seem to have good reputations.

Active Powersports has them for 281.29 shipped (estimated). So you are looking at ~$7 savings by ordering from them. There isn't much info online but, some reports are not good - very slow shipping and hard to get ahold of via email.

Doesn't seem worth it to me.
Thanks! I have been trying to search for info about this place all over the net and couldn't find anything. I guess I'll stick with Stormer then.
"Experienced user"
bwmndl - 5.03.11, 4:07 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Has anyone ever ordered from Active Powers ports because I did and spent extra $ to get in three days and it has been five,are they always like this? Oh-ya they don't except phone calls so you can't check on your order.
"Experienced Traxxas User"
traxxasrox - 5.03.11, 6:20 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I know its in England, that might be why its taking long.
2x Traxxas Slash 2wd's, Traxxas E-Revo 1/16, Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Experienced user"
Slammedsi - 5.03.11, 10:31 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
bwmndl said
Has anyone ever ordered from Active Powers ports because I did and spent extra $ to get in three days and it has been five,are they always like this? Oh-ya they don't except phone calls so you can't check on your order.

I would be getting my money back.
"Big Talkin Know Nothin"
federally - 5.03.11, 11:23 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Never heard of them
Electrix Ruckus EzRun 60amp esc + Vxl motor
Axial SCX10 Sidewinder Sv2 + Tacon 1200kv motor

Sparta, TN
"Experienced user"
theycallmesdz - 5.04.11, 7:22 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
^^^^what he said.
I make custom paint masks and decals.
Let me know if you need anything.