Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
atomic socal - 5.17.11, 10:05 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Here is my XL1 bandit that I converted into truck. Im new to the sport so wasnt sure how to begin. I started with a stock bandit with trinity eurotech motor. First i added larger rpm bearings and bearing carriers. I decided i really liked the short course truck look. So then i added the following. Rustler/Stampede body mounts from rc boyz, Redcat Racing Vortex truck body and rpm front bumper. Had to ditch the stock bandit buggy wheels & tires they were bald anyway!), so I went with longer rustler front axles and 12mm hexes, rpm revolver front rustler rims at all four corners, and losi kingpin (silver compound) tires (4.87 per pair on ebay). I like the fact that i can rotate the tires for wear. Its fun to drive and although i was hoping the wheels would tuck into the fenders more, I dont seem to have any clearance issues with tires so far. I can also raise the body as needed to offer more clearance. Let me know what you all think!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bandit truck.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	25013  Click image for larger version

Name:	bandit truck front.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	25014  
"BOW TO LEPPER MESSIAH"
téosrc - 5.18.11, 12:01 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I like it! do you have a running video?
"Experienced user"
Kartoffelpuffer - 5.18.11, 12:37 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Hello,
man, this thing looks sweet! Please put up a running video of some sort
I´d love to see that thing racing
regards, marvin
hard, dirty and fast is what i like...
"Experienced user"
Pete®tje - 5.18.11, 7:56 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
A SlashBand!
Nobody is born with experience.
"Experienced user"
atomic socal - 5.18.11, 9:24 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Glad you guys like it I'm not really racing yet, just bashing. Ill try to get a vid of up this weekend, so you can see how she runs!
"RC Nut"
edgeverse - 12.10.12, 2:11 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
That looks great. Did the body mounts line up with the body perfectly?
Redcat Racing Backdraft 8e/HPI Blitz/Slash 4x4 Ultimate/Exceed RC Rally Monster/Traxxas Slash (LCG)/ECX Ruckus Converted/Associated MGT4.6
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 12.10.12, 2:23 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Bandash?
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"AMP Hobby"
SirSlash4x4 - 12.10.12, 2:27 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Slandit.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight.
-Ephesians 6:10-18

http://stores.ebay.com/AMP-Hobby
"RC Nut"
edgeverse - 12.10.12, 2:34 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Blash?
Redcat Racing Backdraft 8e/HPI Blitz/Slash 4x4 Ultimate/Exceed RC Rally Monster/Traxxas Slash (LCG)/ECX Ruckus Converted/Associated MGT4.6
"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 12.10.12, 5:24 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Blandish?

sorry, couldn't help it. pretty cool, actually.

BUT... thread's a year and a half old...
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.