Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 6.12.11, 7:45 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I went to Office Depot and bought a package of 5 sheets of Glossy Sticker paper which you use your inkjet printer to make your own decals:

I simply used Google Images to find pictures of various emblems that my life has included. Then I re-sized each image to fit to my liking and this is what I ended up with after printing out my first decal sheet using MS PowerPoint as the program to arrange my copy-pasted images.

I also used 3 mil laminating film to go over the printed sheet to further protect the ink and make a high quality decal, then I cut each decal before applying to get this:

*** A half way decent alternative to PowerPoint is to use Open Office and the best part is that it's free!
*** Courtesy of URC member Titus for this link to over 9,000+ images for race cars: http://www.racelinecentral.com/Decals.html

<Update 11-FEB-2013>

Found a great website to generate customized license plates:
http://acme.com/licensemaker/license...7&r=1263348017

Here is the USGT body that I plan to race with:

For those who don't have the equipment nor patience to create their own labels, I will be happy to create a custom sheet up to 4" x 6" of any graphic for $10 shipped within the lower 48 for the first sheet + $5 each additional within the same order.

Simply send me the graphic(s) you would like to be scaled to fit.

Here are some failed attempts using various brands of clear and non laminated paper which I am not impressed with, they may work decent if installing over bright colors (original decal sheet on right):

The white backdrop did okay, probably not as good as the quality from the Office Deport brand, but it is definitely more durable:

(Last edited by BillDeLong : 9.09.13 at 11:21 am)
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
slashracer51 - 6.12.11, 8:30 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I wanna make a URC decal or can i buy one from this site? 0.o
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 6.12.11, 6:12 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
There is no way you can make URC decals as kool as Jang's decals.. order them here:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/decals/
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
ChazOutlaw - 6.12.11, 7:15 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I've been searching for clear glossy sticker paper for the same purpose. I have boat loads of logo's and decals of my own design from my NR2003 sim racing days. I would love to bring some of that old stuff over to this hobby.
"Die Potato"
♥traxxas♥freak♥ - 6.12.11, 9:56 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
haha i can just see some 12 year old printing out about 100 monster decals and selling them, to his friends....
great idea! hopefully once my stupid printer works ill try this!
"New user"
AzNKeviN4EvA - 6.13.11, 12:02 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
It appears the body is just crappily painted with regular spray paint over the top. You can remove the exterior with brake fluid and have the original paint under.. just saying.

"Ringo"
NGH14 - 6.13.11, 12:54 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
ChazOutlaw said
I've been searching for clear glossy sticker paper for the same purpose. I have boat loads of logo's and decals of my own design from my NR2003 sim racing days. I would love to bring some of that old stuff over to this hobby.
Aren't you on the outlaw paintshop for NR03? hehe.. small world.

And I know a buddy of mine who uses this for decals on his full scale CRG kart.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 6.13.11, 1:27 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
AzNKeviN4EvA said
It appears the body is just crappily painted with regular spray paint over the top. You can remove the exterior with brake fluid and have the original paint under.. just saying.
The coat underneath it looks to be...pink O_O.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 6.13.11, 6:15 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
@Chaz: I also bought the clear sticker pack too, but the colors come out transparent and it only comes out way decent on a light background, virtually useless on a dark body. I'd recommend buying the solid white glossy sticker for InkJet printers.

@♥traxxas♥freak♥: I've already printed out some Monster stickers for my sons SC18 and he loves it!

@AzNKeviN4EvA: After a fierce battle on the track yesterday, only one sticker was slightly marred, and a great deal of silver flakes were left all over the track, ha! I think I just might hit it with some DOT4 and try another color, heck who am I kidding, I think I like the battle worn look

@tamiyafier: close guess on the under color, it's a stock Kyosho Ultima body with Red+Black underneath:
"Regular user"
lowroad - 6.13.11, 6:22 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
How to make your vehicle look like total crap: 101