Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Jackmove - 7.15.11, 3:28 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey guys, I'm in the process of building a Losi 22 buggy, and I need a motor and esc. What would you recommend for racing at the local track?

Thanks.
"Experienced user"
Wattser93 - 7.15.11, 6:56 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Tekin RS with an 8.5 is a good start. I'm partial to Tekin motors but if I didn't have a Tekin I'd run a Trinity Duo 3.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
"Uninexperienced User"
seth556 - 7.15.11, 7:08 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
If you're asking then you probably want to run stock. That's 17.5t. I'd say Trinity makes the best motors right now, the Duo 3 is amazing. I have all the power I could need, I've actually turned down the boost and turbo on my RS because it was too much. It's super smooth and runs very cool.

The Tekin RS is tried and true, probably the most popular esc wherever you go. Definitely a great starting place. You can usually find them used for $100-20 if you don't want to buy a brand new one since they're a little pricey.
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 7.15.11, 7:11 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
+1

id also ask the local track. what motors are they running? if they have a 17.5 class jump into that. if you get thrown in mod class you may very well get cleaved in half by the guy trying to catch 1st who feels its faster to plow through you then go around lapped traffic
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies