Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 7.27.11, 11:00 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
My full unpaid, unbiased, independent test of the Axial Wraith RTR "rock racer" covering its true performance over multiple terrains.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

I cover its design, "high-speed" off-road handling, and crawling capabilities and figure out what's good about it and what's not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110726-axial-wraith-review-initial.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	26343  
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Electricaholic"
DickyT - 7.27.11, 11:28 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Very nice review Jang! I'm looking forward to watching you evolve this this with your flair.

I wish I was in a position to buy one to put my own spin on, but right now that is not an option, so I will live vicariously through URC and other youtube videos.

Thanks for all your effort and an impartial review of a great truck.
Underground Crawlers Team Captain - RC Bros Team Driver - team br00d driver - Team OTTSIX
"Experienced user"
SandMan84 - 7.27.11, 1:20 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Really a nice truck, it would be a good Formula OFF vehicle with a properly brushless combo.
I hope that Axial will came out with a kit version, with metal linkages such on the SCX10 kits.
Anyway...dunno exactly why, but maybe I still prefer the SCX10.
"Experienced user"
Tarasdad - 7.27.11, 1:37 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I've been taking a hard look at one of these with the idea of turning it into a desert runner. Softer springs, smoother shock damping, different tires and wheels and especially lowering the CG a bit. Put a brushless system in for maybe a bit more speed, but not racing fast. Heck, if I wanted a desert racer HPI has that covered with their Mini Trophy!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Sledge Hammer
"Circa 2008; NorOR"
Cubic2.4 - 7.27.11, 2:01 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Great review, thanks! I would like to see a $200-250 or so roller available.
www.torquerctrailers.com
"Trust, but verify"
- Ronald Reagan
"◕‿◕✿"
purplelambo95 - 7.27.11, 2:15 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Ahahaha! That was hilarious! Great job!
SC10 Factory Team | Tekin | Spektrum | Savox
art by alpha
"Big Talkin Know Nothin"
federally - 7.27.11, 2:57 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Good review Jang. I enjoy the humorous tone in the video entertaining and educational!
Electrix Ruckus EzRun 60amp esc + Vxl motor
Axial SCX10 Sidewinder Sv2 + Tacon 1200kv motor

Sparta, TN
"Title: "Custom User""
Bash_404error - 7.27.11, 4:13 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Good review! Thanks!

What servo did you end up using as a replacement?
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 7.27.11, 4:25 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Another grab from Chimera-A, my Hobbico CS-170.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
Toyotatrucks83 - 7.27.11, 4:41 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Great review. It was great to see you attempt to drive it on a track. Really puts perspective how limited a rock crawling solid axled vehicle is at speed. It doesn't even look like it can land a jump very well even with all that soft suspension. Also you have the best slow speed operation video I have seen since this truck came out. Everyone just wants to show how fast it is. Great review. Thanks. I really appreciated your review.