Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Highboost73 - 8.23.11, 11:08 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
What are the differences when building and bleeding this type of shock vs bladder style? I have some bladders on order that will fit them but want them in use in the mean time. BTW these are TQ big bores I am building, and the bladders will be off the losi 22 big bores. thanks.
Slash VXL,2x Rustler SC VXL, SCX10, Team C TS2, RC8BE FT, Circuit, 1/10 Losi Slider, S107G,Warhawk,Volitation, Chinook.
"Experienced user"
Magicmole - 8.23.11, 11:54 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
what are emultion shocks? ive heard of em but never really found out.
Is magic!

Yaaaaay im finally an experienced user
"Experienced user"
Highboost73 - 8.24.11, 5:12 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
They are shocks that don't have an air bladder in them, I am sure someone will have a better explanation.
Slash VXL,2x Rustler SC VXL, SCX10, Team C TS2, RC8BE FT, Circuit, 1/10 Losi Slider, S107G,Warhawk,Volitation, Chinook.
"Experienced user"
Magicmole - 8.24.11, 5:17 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I think i got it are they shocks that dont have a pocket of air at the top and normal ones do?
Is magic!

Yaaaaay im finally an experienced user
"Experienced user"
Highboost73 - 8.24.11, 5:22 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
basically yeah thats it
"Experienced user"
Highboost73 - 8.24.11, 8:20 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
no one has any tips?
"Experienced user"
elaras - 8.25.11, 4:22 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
When the shaft enters the body of the shock it takes up volume inside the shock body. If you do not have a bladder, you have to make sure the shock has just the right amount of oil or it will lock up and not go in. The bladder allows the sock to move in and out with out locking up, because air can be compressed oil can not.

I have not built the type of shock you have posted. So I can't help you with tip on how to build them emulsion style. Lots of videos on how to build bladder type shock if you need that info.
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 8.25.11, 5:38 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
my electrix circuit shocks are emulsion style, but i didnt build them. i just changed the oil.
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"Experienced user"
Highboost73 - 8.25.11, 10:28 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
trial and error found the perfect amount of oil. all is well for now. I will definitely be putting the 22 bladders on these.
"Experienced user"
BobT - 8.25.11, 4:43 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
The Losi shocks used on the XXX series and earlier are emulsion shocks. elaras was spot-on. Liquid does not compress but air does.

On the Losi shocks the cartridge has slits in the threads that allows bleeding the shock. You screw on the cap with the shock shaft pulled all the way out. back the cartridge out a turn or so and push the shaft in. Oil will bleed out. Wipe off the oil. Now pull the shaft back out and just enough air will be pulled in. Tighten the cartridge and you are done.

Always check to insure the shaft will go all the way in and out with just normal dampining. Before racing always exercize the shocks to mix the air in with the oil.
Bob T
Support your local hobby shop.
THE USER'S MANUAL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR VEHICLE.