Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 9.09.11, 9:59 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Follow along as I build the hopped-up version of Tamiya's latest RWD M-chassis car, the M06 Pro kit.

In the first video I build the transmission and most of the rear clip of the car and assemble the main pieces of the tub.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

UPDATE:

The full homage page is up with a photo gallery & video -- Tamiya M-06 Pro Chassis kit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110909-tamiya-m06-pro-build1.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	27349  
(Last edited by theJANG : 11.27.11 at 7:31 pm)
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 9.09.11, 10:11 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Jang, this is the first build video that I have watched of yours and I was surprised that you used a drill for the screws.

Is this something that you would recommend to someone that has never built a kit before, or do you do it because you know what you are doing??

I am thinking about getting a kit and I have a nice drill/screw gun that I would like to use...but I worry that I may end up stripping some of the plastic by accident.

Thanks!
Jeff
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, C4rcu4t, Axial Digger, Night Vapor, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Phantom 3 Standard, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"I learn, then I talk..."
Moon007raker - 9.09.11, 10:18 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Electric "screwdrivers" have a torque setting, I would start with the lowest setting and increase the setting as needed.
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 9.09.11, 10:20 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
That's a good point.

My drill does have a torque setting. I've just always had it set at the Tim The Tool Man Taylor "MORE POWER" setting!!!
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, C4rcu4t, Axial Digger, Night Vapor, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Phantom 3 Standard, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 9.09.11, 10:28 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I don't recommend using an actual drill unless you have experience with finessing it and are very good at judging the needed speed based on materials and thread type and depth. Even with the slowest speed setting and the clutch as loose as it gets, I could easily strip a lot of screws if I wasn't careful.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 9.09.11, 10:32 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Yay!

Interesting that they chose to use externally mounted gears like the M-01/02.

Jang's description of AW was spot-on...it's kinda like fossilized honey. Doesn't Aw on the dogbones attract grit?
(Last edited by tamiyafier : 9.10.11 at 6:06 pm) Reason: Bleh. Typo.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Experienced user"
laferlita2007 - 9.09.11, 11:16 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
tamiyafier said
Doesn't Aw on the dogbones attract grit?
Yes it would, but not like off-road vehicles. I don't bother with mine. I just want to see the video, the best part for me
"Experienced user"
kirbenvost - 9.10.11, 5:06 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
AW grease does attract a LOT of grit on my off-road buggy. Oh well, it gets cleaned pretty often anyway.

Nice build so far! I really enjoy Tamiya builds. Looking forward to finding out what body you're going to use.
"Experienced user"
MDRTales - 9.10.11, 9:01 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Jang nice build so far, but Im warning you this car is very hard to drive and is rarely used at this used at this years Tamiya TCS Finals at the aliso viejo track as the 0 in m06 is for 0versteer lol hahaha thanks for the build vids good job!!!!
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 9.10.11, 9:26 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Wait, so what tires does this come with? I know the rears should be S-grips...no idea about the fronts.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott