Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Darth_Pede - 9.24.11, 2:00 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
CAboy said
That's it! $39.99 at the Costco by me (Salem, OR). I picked up a 2nd one for my daughter. It's a red one called a "Raptor XX", but it's the same vehicle with a different body. One is 49mhz and one 27mhz, so they can run together.
"born offroad"
jlb - 9.27.11, 1:09 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
wonder what happend here ??can some one video of it running?
(Last edited by jlb : 9.27.11 at 1:11 pm)
extreme machines monster xx traxxas tq3 reciver and transmitter
ecx ruckus stock
LOSI1/18 scale raminator with hobbywing ez run brushless motor
arrma fury stock (for now)
"Experienced user"
Darth_Pede - 9.27.11, 1:48 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
What happened WHERE?

I just never got around to posting a video. It rained here, and I didn't want to get it all muddy since it's not waterproof for washing.

I did tape my GPS to the top of the truck and the highest speed it recorded on black top was 10.0mph
"born offroad"
jlb - 9.27.11, 2:08 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Darth_Pede said
What happened WHERE?

I just never got around to posting a video. It rained here, and I didn't want to get it all muddy since it's not waterproof for washing.

I did tape my GPS to the top of the truck and the highest speed it recorded on black top was 10.0mph
i ment to be released as a pro grade rc it just odd i mean i did not even thank they where released thought monster xx replaced them
extreme machines monster xx traxxas tq3 reciver and transmitter
ecx ruckus stock
LOSI1/18 scale raminator with hobbywing ez run brushless motor
arrma fury stock (for now)
"Experienced user"
Darth_Pede - 9.27.11, 2:30 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
ah... well, when I first saw them at Costco, I did not read the boxes very closely, just got the model name and manufacturer's URL of the box and looked up their site. Obviously I was blown away at the specs of the "Thunder XX" and "Raptor XX" that were listed on their website... considering Costco's price of under $40.

Then I realized that the battery pack was all wrong. The models on the website listed 8AA batteries for the controller and a 7.2v pack for the truck, but the box of the version at Costco (same model name and manufacturer) said the remote took a 9v battery and the truck took a 9.6v battery pack.

So, I called the phone number on Extreme Machines website and spoke with a friendly, helpful guy there. This is what he told me:

He explained that the Thunder XX and Raptor XX models on the website were now defunct. Those were "pro-grade" models they USED to make. They still use the same names and bodies for their current "toy-grade" models... and the toy-grade RCs are the ONLY things they are making these days. He told me the website needed to be updated, because they had no plans at this point to make the "pro-grade" RCs.

Really, that's a bit deceptive, because I'll bet that at least some people saw them at Costco and looked up the website, then rushed to buy them, thinking they were getting what the website advertised as the specs for the same model.

Still, for $40, it made a cool gift for my son's 6th birthday. It's just the right speed for him. As I said before, I only wish it had a little more torque for going up bigger hills, etc.
"A little bit of everything"
User Unrelated - 9.27.11, 2:35 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
it looks quite a bit better than some of the other junk out there that people pay $60+ for.
I think jang should do a review on RCmania!

I mean, heck, when was the last time you saw a toy-grade with dogbones, 4wd, and full independent suspension!?!?
"So I says to the guy: 'What good is yous' offer to me if I ain't got no virgins to sacrifice?!'
and den he jus' sorta looked at me all blank-like for a second, an' jus flew away."
"trades in lambo..."
Stampede Guy2.0 - 9.27.11, 2:57 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
...um

http://www.rcmania.com/extreme-machi...nster-xx-10th/
current RC's//Stampede xl5 (with BL)//litehawk pro4ch(similar to syma107-g)//
DrJVogel said "It's illegal to hunt helicopters while riding pigback --- even illegal in Texas and most of Oklahoma."
"Experienced user"
Darth_Pede - 9.27.11, 3:09 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Stampede Guy2.0 said

Irrelevant. Not at all the same truck.

However, if I were Jang, I wouldn't bother with a review of any Extreme Machines product, knowing how fly-by-night they seem to be... I mean, with products being dropped, added, no longer supported, using the same look and name for VASTLY different products, etc. That's a recipe for bad PR. If Jang reviews this "new" Extreme Machines Thunder XX, and 6 months from now, there's yet another completely different RC under the same body and people are buying it based off of his review of this one, well, you can see how that could reflect poorly on the reviewer in the eyes of the un-educated parents who might buy an RC based solely on the name of the product and his review.

While I'm personally happy with my purchases for being what they are... toys for my small kids... if I were running an independent review site, I wouldn't spend money on products from a company like this one.
"A little bit of everything"
User Unrelated - 9.27.11, 3:11 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
yeah, I guess that makes sense.
"So I says to the guy: 'What good is yous' offer to me if I ain't got no virgins to sacrifice?!'
and den he jus' sorta looked at me all blank-like for a second, an' jus flew away."
"trades in lambo..."
Stampede Guy2.0 - 9.27.11, 3:22 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
Darth_Pede said
Irrelevant. Not at all the same truck.
I was responding to user unrelated...
current RC's//Stampede xl5 (with BL)//litehawk pro4ch(similar to syma107-g)//
DrJVogel said "It's illegal to hunt helicopters while riding pigback --- even illegal in Texas and most of Oklahoma."