Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 9.30.11, 10:41 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=ECX9001

Pulled this from another thread, figured I'd post it in here because lots of the Electrix guys do most of their posting/searching in this forum.

Looks like Electrix has finally heard all of us, and are going to be making some metal gears themselves.

I'm wondering, at this price point, if they are going to have a metal diff gear?? I would think so, based on the price alone.

I may go ahead and order a set, even though they say backordered, just to see what they are like!!
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Boost, C4rcu4t, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, DJI Phantom, Tidewater Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 9.30.11, 10:50 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
They finally hear our cries for help! They better be lower than $20...
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"Experienced user"
whitespyders - 9.30.11, 9:48 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Just installed the metal gears, tacon 4420kv, and some headlights to go with the undercarriage LEDs, so I could rip it down the street tonight. Wow!! The ruckus is crazy fast and I have no worries about blowing a gear.
I just switched to 2s lipo before the gears. Was using 8.4nimh. I thought it would be equal or less performance because of the loss of volts. Boy was I wrong. It was like a whole new truck.
I've been sitting on this brand new 3s for a couple months waiting for the metal gears. It's been killing me. Took it for a spin tonight and at about 3/4 throttle goes so fast it does just does a backflip!! Not very drivable but AWESOME
"Experienced user"
mreed - 10.01.11, 6:09 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
@white - are you running the ECX metal gears or the RRP ones?
Mark Reed
Horizon Hobby Inc.
We help people have fun with hobbies
dynamiteRC.com | horizonhobby.com
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 10.01.11, 8:39 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Mark, do the Electrix gears come with a metal diff gear as well?? Or are they just the shaft and idle gears??
Torment, Boost, C4rcu4t, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, DJI Phantom, Tidewater Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck
"Experienced user"
mreed - 10.01.11, 9:17 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
The differential housing is plastic but with a metal gear ring around it to interface with the idler. So the transmission will be all metal on metal with the ECX9001 gear set.
Mark Reed
Horizon Hobby Inc.
We help people have fun with hobbies
dynamiteRC.com | horizonhobby.com
"Experienced user"
whitespyders - 10.01.11, 2:49 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I have the rrp didn't know you guys were gonna make one. Are you guys going to sell each gear separate? It would be nice so I can get the metal gear ring on the diff.
"Say what?"
G.Lo1492 - 10.01.11, 3:08 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
mreed said
The differential housing is plastic but with a metal gear ring around it to interface with the idler. So the transmission will be all metal on metal with the ECX9001 gear set.
NICE! This means I'm going to get to keep my current Monster Ruckus set-up without having to worry about stripping gears.
Twin Force Mamba Monster, Leopard 4074 2000kv.
Ruckus w/MMP, Tenshock 4000kv motor
E-Maxx w/Leopard Ground 150A Pro, Castle 1515-2200kv
Ofna Ultra LX2-E w/Leopard SC-8, Kershaw Designs 4074 2360kv.
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 10.01.11, 3:57 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I agree. I'm wanting to put an insane combo in CircuitTWO. Looks like I've got some gears to get ordered!!!
"Experienced user"
Makeitfly - 10.02.11, 8:57 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
mreed said
I'm happy with this news!! I ordered the RRP gears from my LHS but they are not in yet, I'll see if I can cancel that and order the ECX set. If not I also would like to know if your going to sell the gears individually so that I can get the gear ring without purchasing the whole set.
If you didn't break it, you weren't playing with it right!!
2 ECX Circuits, Traxxas Slash, HPI Sprint2Sport, Losi Aftershock, HPI MT2