Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
kriswithak57 - 1.01.13, 12:48 pm Post #321: | Reply With Quote
Hello all.Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the forum. It's new years day and I got my torment for my 55th birthday on dec. 8th. I've spent the last 3 hours reading all 320 posts. Now I don't have any unanswered questions.lol
I have already switched my esc to a traxxes xl5 wp, installed the ecx aluminum shocks front and rear, and put in a dynamite 15T. This is the most fun I've had in a hobbie bar none. looking forward to continuing on with everyones help. Thanks again. Kris in Nova Scotia.
"Experienced user"
kriswithak57 - 1.01.13, 4:20 pm Post #322: | Reply With Quote
tweaker09 said
kdillon I put traxxas 3643 on the fronts and 5539 on the rear others may fit as well but that is what they had in stock at the hobby shop when I was there. You will need some longer screws to fasten them though.
I have the Traxxes 3643, and found they are about 3/8" to long compared to the plastic stock links. How did you make them work?
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 1.02.13, 12:51 am Post #323: | Reply With Quote
kriswithak57 said
I have the Traxxes 3643, and found they are about 3/8" to long compared to the plastic stock links. How did you make them work?

Hi Kris, welcome to the forum.

With your links that are a bit too long, here is a stupid question that I'm you have already tried...but did you try turning the ends of them to "tighten" them?? That shortens them a little bit.

If you have already done that, have you looked at the parts where the links connect to the truck?? They have a couple of different mounting points.

They are circled in red on this image...one on the shock tower and the other on the hub.

If you are only a little bit off, you can use those other mounting holes to get them mounted. If I remember correctly, the Associated links that I used were a tiny bit longer than the stock parts as well. Mounting them in those extra holes did the trick just fine.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Boost, C4rcu4t, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, Tidewater, DJI Phantom, Nano QX, Proto X Nano, Scout CX, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"Experienced user"
tow213 - 1.02.13, 3:59 am Post #324: | Reply With Quote
Hey Kris
Happy new year old what pinion gear you running I run the same system and us a 16 tooth keeps temp around 150 to 160 its a good system just watch the temps I race mine and its a rocket have fun

Rob in Winnipeg
"Experienced user"
kriswithak57 - 1.02.13, 5:48 am Post #325: | Reply With Quote
Gimpdiggity said
Hi Kris, welcome to the forum.

With your links that are a bit too long, here is a stupid question that I'm you have already tried...but did you try turning the ends of them to "tighten" them?? That shortens them a little bit.

If you have already done that, have you looked at the parts where the links connect to the truck?? They have a couple of different mounting points.

They are circled in red on this image...one on the shock tower and the other on the hub.

If you are only a little bit off, you can use those other mounting holes to get them mounted. If I remember correctly, the Associated links that I used were a tiny bit longer than the stock parts as well. Mounting them in those extra holes did the trick just fine.
Thanks alot I really should have concidered the option holes that makes the difference. You guys are awesome.
"Experienced user"
kriswithak57 - 1.02.13, 5:52 am Post #326: | Reply With Quote
Also I'm using the 19t pinion that came with the motor. Not going to make any changes there until I go bl with LiPo.
"Experienced user"
tow213 - 1.02.13, 3:22 pm Post #327: | Reply With Quote
Just keep an eye on your temps try not to let it go above 155 should be fine
"Experienced user"
svtfmook - 1.23.13, 6:06 am Post #328: | Reply With Quote
is there a roll cage for the torment? or at least something easily adapted without modifying?
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 1.23.13, 1:40 pm Post #329: | Reply With Quote
svtfmook said
is there a roll cage for the torment? or at least something easily adapted without modifying?

Probably not.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Boost, C4rcu4t, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, Tidewater, DJI Phantom, Nano QX, Proto X Nano, Scout CX, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"Experienced user"
tow213 - 1.24.13, 8:40 am Post #330: | Reply With Quote
I haven't heard of anything yet