Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
Closed Thread
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 10.30.11, 3:27 pm Post #81: |
MR2NR said
This looks like it's going to be my first Hobby Grade RC Car
You may want to consider 4WD if you will be bashing on loose dirt, plus with 4WD, you have more room for flexibility if you want to drift or convert to a rally car later on

There are some other brands offering full RTR's in the $109 - $135 price range for the same stuff you get with the ARRMA.
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 11.08.11, 11:04 am Post #82: |

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

Basher:

(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 11.08.11, 11:16 am Post #83: |
Quoting the comment I made in response to this on my review:

Nice. Notice they used a small curved sport pack in NiMH Sub-C style for the Deans one. There should also be huge flashing red warnings all over the bullet connector suggestion as a lot of folks who run RTR-level stuff are likely to accidentally plug those in backwards which may fry the ESC. I'm very glad they're hearing the feedback and trying to help their customers though.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
MR2NR - 11.08.11, 1:33 pm Post #84: |
My audio doesn't work with this vid . Also I wonder what Mah Lipo they are using. I like the handy recess at the connector .
1987 Kyosho JetStream -Still going strong and Brushless
2004 Traxxas Blast -Don't Ask
2011 Kyosho Ultima DB -First Hobby Grade RC with wheels
2007 Losi XXX-SG in the works....
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 11.08.11, 2:08 pm Post #85: |
they look suspiciously similar to Gens Ace packs to me, specifically these two packs here:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-35...-hardcase.html

and

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-53...-hardcase.html

I watched the video both at work and now at home, and no audio from either location... I suspect their budget doesn't allow high end audio authoring?
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 11.08.11 at 2:11 pm)
Basher:

"Experienced user"
MR2NR - 11.08.11, 4:34 pm Post #86: |
The hard pack has a diamond pattern and recessed ports so it's not Gens Ace.
1987 Kyosho JetStream -Still going strong and Brushless
2004 Traxxas Blast -Don't Ask
2011 Kyosho Ultima DB -First Hobby Grade RC with wheels
2007 Losi XXX-SG in the works....
"Experienced Newbie"
rustlerguy47 - 11.08.11, 4:48 pm Post #87: |
Maybe pro tek?
Slowly getting back into R/C.

4x4CRlSPY said
Poor guy, couldn't stomach the taco bell of speed.
"Experienced user"
mack29 - 11.09.11, 3:57 am Post #88: |
Just fyi, BigSquid rc just did a review of the Raider and had done one on the Fury and noted that the Raider's battery compartment is a good 1 inch shorter than the Fury's. So not all the Arrma kits have the same battery fitment issue.
What I own now: ECX Ruckus stock motor HK brushed esc, HPI E-Firestorm brushed HK brushed esc. Thunder Tiger EB4 G3, MT4 G3, Sparrowhawk XXT w/ HW SC8 esc and Turnigy 3900kv motor. Team Durango DEX210 RTR. SCX 10 Dingo. Visit my youtube page (macksara29)
"Experienced user"
3DSteve - 11.19.11, 12:23 pm Post #89: |
I just picked up a Raider for $170 from my LHS, marked down for their big holiday sale. Some of the plastic edges are pretty sharp, I'll do some grinding and sanding when I eventually take it apart.

I haven't gone LiPo yet, still using NiMH packs, so I padded the battery compartment with some HPI foam bumper strips and an Associated foam battery block cut in half. I hate when batteries can shift around. I pulled the stock receiver, probably going to sell it and the transmitter, and stuck in one of my Hobby King/FlySky receivers, basically the same thing Jang did on his BL conversion. I do with I had moved the ESC forward a bit more and stuck the receiver behind it, but maybe after a few packs.
""X100""
drw814 - 6.14.12, 3:17 am Post #90: |
If you take the shell off or trim a little off the body, and cut one of those plastic rods directly over the battery tray, then lipos fit no problem. Running a skylipo hardcase 4000mah 40c 2s fits fine
Basher by trade

Youtube - Oxmdrw814
Closed Thread