Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
k_h_d - 11.12.11, 8:14 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
What's the average runtime for the 1/16 summit with stock batteries?
"Don't pet a burning dog..."
Frostman - 11.12.11, 8:02 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I can't speak for the Summit, but the Mini Revo VXL gets about 10-15 minutes typically. So the Summit VXL runtime would be similar.
Axial Wraith "Rock Punisher", UGC Fastback II AX-10, Vaterra Twin Hammers, SCX-10 Chevy, Losi Trail Trekker, Tamiya TRF801XT, F-350 Truggy (In Progress), Heli-Max 1SQ, Hubsan X4 V2
....I am a hopeless addict....
"Experienced user"
Scrivah - 11.13.11, 4:06 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I get about 10 min of hard bashing. If you need some more batteries get the Duratrax 1600mah Nimh from liquidrc.com. They are only $9.99 and run longer than the stock 1200mah which sell for $19.99
1/16 Summit VXL Brushless 4x4
BASH TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!!
"Surprisingly Informative"
ntp - 11.13.11, 4:48 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I have the stock Series 1 batteries.
We only use them as singles, A. Because I haven't put on the GTR Shocks with stiffer springs suggested when running 2-batteries. B. My wife takes a smoke break around 12 mins and then I run the pack down, swap out packs.
She's ready for another run and the car has cooled down a few degrees.

Since day one we get 10-15mins of hard bash, and another 10mins of somewhat less punchy, but still much fun bashing.

Stock everything by btw...
Axial AX-10 Scorpion Modified a tad.
Summit vxl the "Tink Tank"
Stampede 4x4 vxl.
Cadillac RC10 GoldTub minor mods.
Slash 2wd
ntp - 11.13.11, 5:00 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Scrivah said
I get about 10 min of hard bashing. the stock 1200mah

Hi.
Question?

"What rate do you charge your TrxS1p at?"

Ours were DOA from the factory, it was a Birthday Gift for my wife(Dec24th Birthday). Pack #1 2.98v and Pack #2 3.1-ish.

So I plugged it in and started the charge @ 2 amps, and for the first 5 minutes did nothing. Then, the voltage started climbing and the mah started ticking up to 1800mah in about 38mins (10 of which was i thought something shorted,or the charger was frozen) and have been pretty good so far.

I charge them @ 1 amp now and they are full, 1400-1500 each in about

Their price though, no matter where you seem to them, is full retail price.

Mine have been good to me, i'd buy more but...
Stampede 4x4 vxl.
Slash 2wd
"Experienced user"
Scrivah - 11.13.11, 6:16 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
ntp said
Hi.
Question?

"What rate do you charge your TrxS1p at?"

Ours were DOA from the factory, it was a Birthday Gift for my wife(Dec24th Birthday). Pack #1 2.98v and Pack #2 3.1-ish.

So I plugged it in and started the charge @ 2 amps, and for the first 5 minutes did nothing. Then, the voltage started climbing and the mah started ticking up to 1800mah in about 38mins (10 of which was i thought something shorted,or the charger was frozen) and have been pretty good so far.

I charge them @ 1 amp now and they are full, 1400-1500 each in about

Their price though, no matter where you seem to them, is full retail price.

Mine have been good to me, i'd buy more but...
I charge my 1200 stocks at only 1amp it will take about 1.25hours. I dont think that this pack should be charged at anything over 1A especially if they are brand new. My 1600mah packs I charge at 1A also. It takes about 1.5 hours to charge. I could charge at a higher rate but I like to keep it at 1A to keep them better, longer. Not sure why your battery was DOA maybe it was a dud or it was charged at too high amperage (2A) from the start. I know the batteries need a cycling period of at least 10 charges at low amperage(1A or less) to break them in before you ever attempt to increase the juice.

As for getting more packs, grab the 1600mah Duratrax packs I spoke of. They are half the price and you get a bit more run time. The shipping is only .99 no matter where you are. I get
stuff shipped here to Canada all the time still only .99c

Hope this helped!
1/16 Summit VXL Brushless 4x4
BASH TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!!
"Don't pet a burning dog..."
Frostman - 11.13.11, 7:08 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
The Promatch 1600 Nimh packs are great as well. I have two and the are bulletproof. But I wouldn't charge any of these batteries at over 1amp. Just the heat alone can damage the cells.
Axial Wraith "Rock Punisher", UGC Fastback II AX-10, Vaterra Twin Hammers, SCX-10 Chevy, Losi Trail Trekker, Tamiya TRF801XT, F-350 Truggy (In Progress), Heli-Max 1SQ, Hubsan X4 V2
....I am a hopeless addict....
ntp - 11.13.11, 10:27 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Scrivah said
I charge my 1200 stocks at only 1amp it will take about 1.25hours. I dont think that this pack should be charged at anything over 1A especially if they are brand new. My 1600mah packs I charge at 1A also. It takes about 1.5 hours to charge. I could charge at a higher rate but I like to keep it at 1A to keep them better, longer. Not sure why your battery was DOA maybe it was a dud or it was charged at too high amperage (2A) from the start. I know the batteries need a cycling period of at least 10 charges at low amperage(1A or less) to break them in before you ever attempt to increase the juice.

As for getting more packs, grab the 1600mah Duratrax packs I spoke of. They are half the price and you get a bit more run time. The shipping is only .99 no matter where you are. I get
stuff shipped here to Canada all the time still only .99c

Hope this helped!
Yeah, totally feeling that.

Not sure why they were so low except maybe old stock.
=)
Stampede 4x4 vxl.
Slash 2wd
"Got Brushless?"
rtmpgt - 11.13.11, 7:12 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
im running twin Turnigy 2200mah LiPos, and i get about 45mins from two packs when bashing, and when i race my summit, i get a good three to four races out of that setup. They're pretty cheap too, got two batteries from hobbyking.com for $20

I used to run two stockers in parallel and i only got abut 20mins from that setup, so i'd assume that a single stock pack will give you about 10-15mins. i charged my NiMH packs at 1.2 amps for bashing, and 2.4 amps for racing (slightly higher discharge rate but shorter runtimes)
/// PGT RC //// Life.in.radio.control. //// SikRC Team Racer ///

Kits: Tamiya DB01RR, Tamiya TRF201, Tamiya TA05VDF, Team Magic E4D, Micro Losi Rally
Coming Soon: Tamiya TRF503, Tamiya TRF201XR, DJI Phantom 2 Vision