Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
kdillon - 11.23.11, 7:03 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
I have the torment & it seems to do good. Im still running the stock motor but it will do until I go brushless. It seems to be very durable as I have had some hard hits. I have a spektrum servo. Stock one is very turtle-ish. Shocks have not given me any problems but will get some better ones. I was somewhat disappointed when I greased the gears that they are plastic. My boost has metal gears. Go figure. You would think that ECX would put metal gears in the torment as well. All in all I say its a good truck. I think it will be competitive with the slash but not sure about the associated or losi. It has potential with the corect upgrades.
"Experienced user"
Foots - 11.23.11, 7:03 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
other than needing to put some 35/40 wt oil in them, nothing is wrong with them. Well other than spring selection is weird. None of them fit. other than that i really like the no bladder shocks. As fast and hard as ive beat mine....i took the traxas ones off the front for the originals...havent looked back since.
"Experienced user"
dhull13124 - 11.23.11, 7:07 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Agree with shift. They usually come at various fill levels.
"Experienced user"
kdillon - 11.23.11, 7:44 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Im using 35wt up front 30wt rear. May change the rear to 40wt.
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 11.24.11, 2:47 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
It's definitely a Slash altenative, and I can hope that they'll snag a low-end brushless system from Losi or something, engineer some more durable components, and take off after the VXL.
The American James May
"Experienced user"
traxxasjunkie - 11.24.11, 4:15 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
i bought my son a torment. and for the money i think its a great truck. i think i will upgrade the shocks... and the steering is a little weak. it takes alot of space to drive in a circle compared to my other cars. but its great off road (esp in grass) on the stock drivetrain. u have to do a little work on it out of the box but this truck is perfect for my son
electric man
"Experienced user"
Makeitfly - 11.24.11, 5:06 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
JimPrower said
It's definitely a Slash altenative, and I can hope that they'll snag a low-end brushless system from Losi or something, engineer some more durable components, and take off after the VXL.

The horizon site already has some brushless systems listed for it. you can use the ones listed for any of the ecx vehicles since they all run the same tranny. They have a least a couple brushless systems listed.
If you didn't break it, you weren't playing with it right!!
2 ECX Circuits, Traxxas Slash, HPI Sprint2Sport, Losi Aftershock, HPI MT2
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 11.24.11, 7:46 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
I meant out of the box. There's people out there who are willing to pay more if it'd have the Brushless/metal gears/etc. Would also fire a shot directly across the bow of TraxMart.
The American James May
"Experienced user"
Makeitfly - 11.24.11, 7:50 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Well they did finally go with the 2.4 give them time they may. But don't count on it they designed them for beginner entry level and I have a feeling they'll keep it that way but you never know lol.
If you didn't break it, you weren't playing with it right!!
2 ECX Circuits, Traxxas Slash, HPI Sprint2Sport, Losi Aftershock, HPI MT2
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 11.24.11, 7:59 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
I'd definitely like to see them come out with better rear driveshafts themselves. I want to send as little money to Traxxas as possible, and I'd rather not get their halfshafts. Especially as I do not yet have a drill.
(Last edited by JimPrower : 11.24.11 at 8:02 am)
The American James May