Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
RallySoob - 12.29.11, 8:21 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Anyone tried this? I had a failed attempt in the snow last weekend with regular tires and want to try again with the right setup. I bought slingshot paddle tires and now I think I need these front ski's... anyone ever try them? they are pretty cheap and look awesome so I think I am going to do it unless someone knows from experience they are garbage ofcourse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Rust...item256a8b56f9

"Life is for living...not for living up tight"
"Experienced user"
RallySoob - 12.29.11, 8:25 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
install info here: http://www.fullforcerc.com/help_page...20installation

more pics:

"RUSTLER/STAMPEDE WINTER SKI KIT INSTALLATION

To begin, you must be aware that your electronics will need to be water proofed in some way. Either by the use of balloons or plasti-dip or any other method that you may prefer. It is very important that you are aware of the risk of having your electronics damaged when exposed to water. A bit of time spent on this will save you from any potential damage.

Now for the install; Carefully look at the picture showing which mounting holes to use for your vehicle.

1) Remove both front wheels. For Nitro trucks, remove the wheel hex but leave the hex pin in place. The pin will anchor the main bracket and allow you to tighten the wheel nut back on.

2) Place the main ski bracket on the axle and loosely tighten the 4mm wheel nut back in place.

3) Remove the steering link from the arm on the front carrier.

4) Install the side bracket using the provided 3x8 button screw, do not fully tighten yet. Install the steering link on the top of the bracket and tighten in place using the 3x20mm screws and M3 locknut provided.

5) Now tighten the 3x8mm button screw on the side, then the wheel locknut and you are ready to go! We recommend running paddle tires or something with good traction on the rear of your truck for the best performance!"
"Dinobot"
OSRC - 12.30.11, 6:51 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Building one now using a different set of skis (I've heard decent reviews on these though. )....no rush, from my end there's no snow at all in the forecast. Figures. Last year we had 2 feet by now - this year - nada. My grass is still green!
"Experienced user"
RallySoob - 12.30.11, 7:02 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
they said we are supposed to get a ton of snow in the mountains but its been pretty mild so far too. We still have plenty up at the ski resorts though...we have about 5 within 2hrs from my place...last weekend was beautiful

video of last few hundred yds of last run...iphone 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fyxLKSC_A

On the way home I bought paddle tires because I tried dirt tires and could hardly get the car to move it was the worst attempt at traction I ever saw. Im hoping these paddles put out!

"Rally Fanatic"
Mr.Slash - 12.30.11, 7:11 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Personally I would just buy the mohawk front tires, because then they can still be used in sand.

from my end there's no snow at all in the forecast. Figures. Last year we had 2 feet by now - this year - nada. My grass is still green!
The exact same thing is true for me, it's too warm for my ice rink to freeze over....
"Experienced user"
Bestaflex - 12.30.11, 7:37 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
pretty rare to get sand and snow at the same location. (i've seen it but it was a long time ago in a northern europe country, they also got iced seawater).
"On An Adventure!"
LGA45 - 12.30.11, 8:27 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I've them on youtube.... they look like they work, but I have to agree with the previous posters. I, personally would get some mohawks on the front.
Traxxas: MJ Pede (Max-D), MERV
Exceed: Rally Monster, Blaze
Projects: Streetpede, LOBO IV, Toygrade
HPI: Savage 4.6
Check out my youtube channel! lukegeisz
"Rally Fanatic"
Mr.Slash - 12.30.11, 8:31 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I live in chicago so we usually have both sand and snow (in the winter time ((except this winter it's really warm))
"Experienced user"
TurboShadow - 12.30.11, 8:33 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Ive never tried a set, but it looks like more of a gimmick to me. But, I dont get enough snow to make it worth buying any dedicated snow equipment where I live. If you live where there is ALOT of snow (and it looks like you do), go for it! Just make sure you do a review for us!
"bring me a shrubbery"
Ratrodsuzuki - 12.30.11, 8:43 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
i have done the mohawk front, paddle rear for the snow. it works if you are on the road, or in a bit of snow. i bought a different set of skis too so i can try them on deep snow where regular tires just dont seem to work. but, not a flake here either. its michigan, so for crying out loud. lol
dustyhubsrc.com
☆breaking rc cars since 2001☆