Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Stephen - 12.30.11, 5:41 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
What would be a good brushless motor and battery pack for my torment? And bout how much would it cost? U gota get metal gears right if u wana make that switch? Any information would help thanks everybody
"bring me a shrubbery"
Ratrodsuzuki - 12.30.11, 8:00 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
if you do some shopping, you can find a decent brushless combo (esc/motor) for $100 or less. you are gonna want (imo) at least a 60a esc and somewhere around 3000-4000kv motor. for batteries, sky lipo, gens ace, spc, all seem to have good prices. for a mild system like i mentioned above, 30-40c, 2s (7.4v) lipo should be fine in the 4000-5000mah range.

you dont really have to go metal gears, but it is a good investment as usually the plastic ones will fail. another modification would be to replace the stock driveshafts with the traxxas driveshafts. same as the gear thing, its not a must, but it will be needed shortly after the bashing/ racing begins.
dustyhubsrc.com
☆breaking rc cars since 2001☆

"Experienced user"
Stephen - 12.30.11, 8:23 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Where could I find it for a good price???
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 12.30.11, 8:26 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
hobbypartz
Automotive/Motorcycle enthusiast
49ERS
Gone fishing on the weekend. Don't bother me.

Opinions are like @holes, everyone has one.
"Experienced user"
TwoHeadsBrewing - 12.30.11, 8:31 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
This motor got a good review from URC, but you'll want to upgrade to metal gears. This much power and a LiPo will make oatmeal of that plastic gearbox. Kind of a lot of money to spend, but it will certainly scream. IME you're going to be replacing other parts like the hub carriers and drive shafts if you go for more power than this truck was designed for.

Tacon 3200kv - $24
HobbyWing 60A ESC - $55
SkyLipo Hardcase 4400mah 40C - $25
ECX Metal Gear Transmission Set - $23
"Experienced user"
Stephen - 12.30.11, 9:05 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Damn that awesome twoheadsbrewing I couldn't ask for more thanks! And all that is for the torment? All together looking around 150$That's really not that bad thanks kingkong for that website homie this was exactly what I was lookin for much luv!
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 12.30.11, 9:07 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
No problem.. That's what we are here for.. I buy all my electronics from there.. Sky lipos are great for bashing.

If you're patient, hobbyking.com has great prices also but they're located in Another country. There's one hobbyking in u.s.a but they have few parts. The downside is their shipping rates also..
(Last edited by kingkong559 : 12.30.11 at 9:12 pm)
49ERS

"Experienced user"
highster - 12.30.11, 9:08 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I'm currently running a mamba max ESC with a Castle 6900Kv motor, Sky Lipo 3300 Mah 20C. Its way more than fast enough for me, and I never see a lack of punch, it will wheelie on demand. Still running the plastic gears, and the slipper is set as it was when it came out of the box. I did upgrade to the traxxas shafts, as I broke one of the stock ones with the brushed motor.

As for prices:
$60.00 for the Mamba combo used
$15.00 for the Sky Lipo
$27.00 - $90.00 for a Lipo charger
$35.00 for power supply
AE T4, SC10 2WD. B4, B44.1, Kyosho SCRT, Ofna MBX+1 Pro, Ofna Comp E-Scale, Hyper ST Pro E-conversion Truggy, TC4 X2, Bolink pan car.
Hobbypartz.com & Tekin ftw.....
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 12.30.11, 9:17 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Just get lipo charger that has power supply already. Like the thunder ac680 charger or sky charger.. Sky charger is 49 bucks
49ERS

"Experienced user"
Stephen - 12.30.11, 9:19 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
This are newbie questions!! Sorry! What's the yellow wire on the tacon brushless motor