Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
Rustifier - 1.08.12, 2:32 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I already have a HPI Blitz overloaded with traxxas goodies, and I'm in the mood for another SCT and I got my eye on the torment. How is this truck out of the box? I'm looking for something I can tweak and tune and tinker with.
"Experienced user"
buggyman123 - 1.08.12, 2:40 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
check the review jang did
Traxxas electric 4-Tech, Himoto Mega X-B10 4x4, and Traxxas PEDE
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 1.08.12, 2:48 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I have the exact truck that was in that video and it is awsome. I loved the way it drove out of the box.
ECX Torment(stock gearing with hpi 15t motor),ECX Circuit(needs new body), Slash 2wd(currently all stock with stampede white springs), stampede 2wd (stock with slash progressive springs and proline masher tires), rustler(stock with helion dominus 21t motor and stampede tires).
"Experienced user"
cwheeling - 1.08.12, 3:01 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
There are a couple of ideas the this forum has that has made this a great truck! IMHO!
There are a couple of builds going to!
ECX Torment Traxxas VXL brushless 3500kv
ECX Torment Castle SCT brushless 3800kv
2 Hpi savage flux
Hpi Esavage stk
Hpi Esavage w/GCM suspension,axles,diffs, Traxxas evx-2,Kershaw 700HO's
"This user is RTR"
EGHSRC - 1.08.12, 3:19 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
All Im going to say is go buy it. That's all I think needs to be said.
This post is RTR
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 1.08.12, 4:24 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
From what you said, it's the right truck for you.. Are you planning to race or bash with the torment?
Automotive/Motorcycle enthusiast
49ERS
Gone fishing on the weekend. Don't bother me.

Opinions are like @holes, everyone has one.
"Experienced user"
GorgeDad - 1.09.12, 10:45 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Based on the fact that Torment posts outnumber all the other ECX trucks put together on this forum, I'd say you can safely assume that folks out there like it. Certainly worth what you pay and very upgradeable to satisy your tinkering urge.
I'll never grow old, cause I still play with toys.
Stampede 4x4, ECX Ruckus (two)
Rustifier - 1.09.12, 10:57 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I'm going to bash with it. and I'm a bit concerned about the stock body that it is fragile? And would the CC sidewinder SCT system would work in it alright without blowing out the diff? I still run NiMh.
"Experienced user"
GorgeDad - 1.09.12, 11:11 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Stock bodies on most trucks are a bit fragile... just reinforce it, bash it until it breaks, and then get a tougher replacement body.
I'll never grow old, cause I still play with toys.
Stampede 4x4, ECX Ruckus (two)
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 1.09.12, 11:12 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Yes the body is fragile.. What some have done is tape the inside of the body with duck tape or spray the inside with liquid tape (I did this and it's holding up well..) I've heard the clear DIY torment body is stRonger than the body that comes in the rtr..

That cc will work great!! You'll have to have a chat with your finger if you want don't want to blow the diff.
Automotive/Motorcycle enthusiast
49ERS
Gone fishing on the weekend. Don't bother me.

Opinions are like @holes, everyone has one.