Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
barly - 1.08.12, 7:59 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Split out from a thread that had nothing to do with the Mini Recon:

ktombs1, I sold my Rustler because I wanted a weight bench and I was going to find out if I could be able to get along without any r/c but finding out that I couldn't, I want another r/c, preferebly a smaller 4wd, like the RC18B with hobbywing motor/esc in it if I wouldn't get the Savage, and it looks like I'm not. I noticed under your posts, I see the Hpi Mini Recon which I was also lookin' at. Is it tough enough to compare with Team Associated RC18 line of cars?
(Last edited by theJANG : 1.09.12 at 2:12 pm)
Have you ever been running and ran into a parked car and fell down and said, "I like cheesecake"? Me neither.
"Experienced user"
ktombs1 - 1.08.12, 9:16 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
barly said
ktombs1, I sold my Rustler because I wanted a weight bench and I was going to find out if I could be able to get along without any r/c but finding out that I couldn't, I want another r/c, preferebly a smaller 4wd, like the RC18B with hobbywing motor/esc in it if I wouldn't get the Savage, and it looks like I'm not. I noticed under your posts, I see the Hpi Mini Recon which I was also lookin' at. Is it tough enough to compare with Team Associated RC18 line of cars?
Its pretty much the same as the RC18T and some parts are interchangeable but you would be better off with the RC18 line as there are way more upgrade parts available for it.
AX-10 Scorpion, MLST2, Stampede 4x4 VXL, MMGT3, Micro Trekker, Savage XS Flux, 2 HSP Nitro 4X4`S, Overpowered WRAITH build, Wheely King 4x4, Crazy 3s brushless MINI RECON. TT MT4 G3
"Experienced user"
HotWheeler69 - 1.08.12, 9:31 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
barly said
ktombs1, I see the Hpi Mini Recon which I was also lookin' at. Is it tough enough to compare with Team Associated RC18 line of cars?
Offtopic but.
I have the org. that HPI clone or bought only problem is shocks and there is no sliper unlike the losi that I have the desert truck of.
"Experienced user"
barly - 1.09.12, 7:29 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I'm just wondering about the durability of it though. I don't upgrade anything on cars I get, except maybe the motor/esc combo. If you have yours on 3s, it must be tough unless you upgraded the parts.
Have you ever been running and ran into a parked car and fell down and said, "I like cheesecake"? Me neither.
"Experienced user"
barly - 1.09.12, 7:40 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I really want to know if it will be tough enough for light off-road and some on-road on 2s with a Hobbywing 7800kv motor???????????
"Experienced user"
angrytetsuo - 1.09.12, 8:33 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
thats a lot of kv barly!
"Just have fun!"
Zoocity - 1.09.12, 8:55 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Too high of a Kv motor. The stocker is fine.
Blitz|E-Firestorm|RC10|VE8 [FS/FT, PM me]|Exo Terra|Revolt 30|Futaba 4PL
Find me on YouTube as kzcboarder! HobbyTownUSA Kalamazoo employee
rccrazer said
my heart did a dubstep bassline there for a few seconds
guys2nv said
Gigantarded
"Experienced user"
barly - 1.09.12, 9:54 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
The stock motor is brushed. I was planning on putting a Hobbywing Ezrun 7800kv/25A ESC in the RC18B like this thread show.

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134667

Maybe the Hobbywing Ezrun 5200kv motor and 25A ESC. Would that work?
"Just have fun!"
Zoocity - 1.09.12, 9:59 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Ohhh your talking mini recon.... That's still a little high though.
rccrazer said
guys2nv said
Gigantarded
"Just have fun!"
Zoocity - 1.09.12, 10:00 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Ohhh your talking mini recon. 7800 is a little high.
rccrazer said
guys2nv said
Gigantarded