Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
emir88 - 1.15.12, 11:41 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Please help I cant make decide whic car should I buy

thanks

slash ultimate or ten SCTE 4x4 kit or hpi apache sc
"Team durango FTW"
scte11 - 1.15.12, 1:32 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
are you going to race
"Experienced Basher!"
Rowdy216 - 1.15.12, 1:58 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
My opinion is the ten scte. They are a great racing truck that can handle some bashing as well. The other reason is it comes in a kit or a race roller. Kits and race rollers seem to always be a good option 'cause you choose your electronics.

Bash like you mean it!
"Experienced user"
e-savage - 1.15.12, 2:01 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
For racing id say the 10sct as it has a much better racing heritage then the traxxas. The Hpi isnt out yet, as far as i know, which will make durability a guess.
"Only Drives 5th Scales"
Brinks4x4 - 1.15.12, 4:16 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
dont know why people like the slash so much, its not that impressive...
Losi Ten SCTE all the way. The HPI truck is out. I'd wait for reviews on it.
"Experienced user"
emir88 - 1.16.12, 12:18 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for help. Im basher not racer.
"Experienced user"
emir88 - 1.16.12, 4:34 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Im basher not racer...And Thanks for help
"PUT AWAY THOSE FIREY BISCUTS !"
KRO - 1.18.12, 12:22 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
The HPI truck will be tough as its basicly a D8 buggy with a longer chassis and they are darn near bullitproof . But you wont be able to race it as there is no 1/8 class for it , you will be limited on what bodies you can run as its longer than a 1/10 truck .

The SCTE is the top dog for racing around me and they are pretty tough but not as tough as an 1/8 scale .

I wouldnt even consider a Slash 4x4 as mine was a PIA and had quite a few flaws IMO .
"Experienced user"
N8racer - 1.18.12, 12:54 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I say the Losi SCTE a super truck right or of the box I love mine and is a tough truck! Handles like a dream too!
All we know is that he is called the Stig!!
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 1.18.12, 1:07 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
The HPI is the most expensive by about $50 from what I've seen. It's not too big to race in 1/10 sc, the specs are only an inch or so longer than the slash 4x4 and maybe 4cm wider or so (something like that)

Right now I'd go with the losi though. If you're racing the slash just won't cut it without dumping money into it (like me)
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent