Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 1.17.12, 11:49 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Okay, So I have the normal castle glitching with my MMP, Savox 1258tg and Spektrum 3300T. I know my problem can be solved be buying a CC BEC (what problem can't be solved by throwing money at it? ) but I would like to know the root of the problem. What is actually happening?
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"East Bound and Down to the lhs"
Tejahas - 1.17.12, 12:01 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
the servo is drawing so much power that the internal bec in the reciever cant keep enough power for the servo and its making everything cut out
Sorry, my tragectory looked good when I pulled the trigger...
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 1.17.12, 12:03 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
So in theory, if the RX was designed for lower power the problem would not exist?
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Hola Seņor"
mycrors4 - 1.17.12, 12:06 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
to be honest, im gonna go right ahead and blame it on spektrum
their products are decent yea, but for the price you pay, they don't work as they should
their receivers always glitch with certain products, and their range is the lowest out of all 2.4ghz combos out there
if you have another radio system, try that out and see if it fixes your problem
ive used futaba, airtronics, flysky(or hobbyking), JR, ko-propo, traxxas and spektrum, and ive gotten the most problems out of spektrum and kopropo
on the better side of things, spektrum felt the best in my hand, i dont hate spektrum, but i wouldnt recommend them to anyone, but enough talk about radios
the 1258tg is a high(er) end servo and is going to require power on demand.
ive always heard of people have problems with combining spektrum with savox, airtronics(servos), and some hitec servos
| Honchabalo | Insane Scale Crawler | W.I.P. |
| RC10GT2 | 1/10 Track Build | W.I.P. |
| TA05 | 1/10 Drift/Track/Bash Hyrbid Thing | For Sale |
| FT RC10T4 | Pure Track Machine #1 | Finished |
| MK6 Golf | Daily | W.I.P. |
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 1.17.12, 12:09 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I completely agree, However I love the look and feel of my spektrum, I hated my fly-sky. I want to find the problem and attempt to fix it without a BEC.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"These Pretzels !"
crusey_aus - 1.17.12, 2:08 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
While the Spektrum receivers are more inclined to show the problem the ESC's internal bec is the cause of the issue

Other brands of receiver may mask the problem with the ability to handle the drop in voltage, the issue still exists

Set your servo endpoints correctly and fit a glitch buster style cap if you dont want to fit an external bec

External bec provides additional benefits such as lowering the operating temp in the ESC

Only reason not to fit one would be that your car was entered in a fashion contest and the extra wiring might lose you the prize

Cheers

Slash Plati
num
Xerun 150, Tenshock SC401 (3500kv)

Gensace 5000mah 40c

"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 1.17.12, 2:20 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
crusey_aus said
Set your servo endpoints correctly and fit a glitch buster style cap if you dont want to fit an external bec
Thanks!

crusey_aus said
Only reason not to fit one would be that your car was entered in a fashion contest and the extra wiring might lose you the prize
Exactly
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Get crazy w/ the Cheese Whiz!"
redbarton - 1.17.12, 2:43 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Although Spektrum receivers seem to be more prone to this problem, it's really your Mamba Max Pro causing most of the problem. It only has a measly 2A BEC. I love the MMP except for this one shortcoming. It simply can't provide enough juice to the receiver for power hungry digital servos. I have the 1257tg servo instead. A glitch buster/capacitor helped, but didn't totally eliminate the issue. I added the separate 10A CC BEC. It was the only solution I found to "browning out" my Spektrum receiver.

"The Interceptors"
ebasher219 - 1.17.12, 3:32 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I run a savox and a spectrum in my slash 4x4 and had the glitching issue pretty bad. but I installed the novak glitch buster and havent had a problem since! totally worth it.
Employee at HobbyTownUSA North Charlotte
DP micro rally, SSC \slash 4x4, LCG mini revo!, Sprint 2, Mugen Eco w/ BCE chassis
RCD3vil on youtube ::: ebasher219 on xbox live