Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 1.16.13, 11:22 am Post #371: | Reply With Quote
jhtfarquhar said
my chassis broke, so it's tiiiiiiiiiiime for another CHASSIS, this time, made the right way, and not just thrown together in an afternoon
you realize that if someone says something and doesnt provide photo evidence, its not true story.....hint hint....
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.16.13, 1:51 pm Post #372: | Reply With Quote
so this is not true

"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 1.16.13, 3:00 pm Post #373: | Reply With Quote
I kinda wish it wasnt true, it looked so nice before this happened. .... Do you think you could reinforce the screw holes with epoxy, to help keep them from popping thru like that?
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.16.13, 3:06 pm Post #374: | Reply With Quote
naw, but I have enough material to refine the design, and build another chassis
"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 1.18.13, 1:37 pm Post #375: | Reply With Quote
If you just make your same one but with the aluminum you should be okay. Fiberglass sounds good, but the screws are the weak point. Unless you were making your own glass, then you could may down some re-inforcment to the areas where the screws are going. So they dont pull right thru.
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.18.13, 1:49 pm Post #376: | Reply With Quote
yeah, my friend and I made the broken one, and he, well to put it nicely, countersunk some quite a bit too much,

But, on another note, a Nut driver arrived, as well as another countersink from mcmaster!!!

I'll have to earn some more money for aluminum, but I'll get some, probably 3/16 (about 4.75mm thick) so I'll barely need a top deck, I know it's overkill, but my entire truck is overkill.
"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 1.18.13, 2:32 pm Post #377: | Reply With Quote
Im in the same boat. No money, for anything. As soon as I get a few extra dollars, I will get some more supplies for my slash 2.0 a mid motor version. I think that will compliment my driving style a little better than the rear motor.
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.18.13, 5:32 pm Post #378: | Reply With Quote
Ehh, for me, rear motor works great.
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 3.18.13, 8:27 am Post #379: | Reply With Quote
Hey all, I've RETIRED this build, my new build will be here: http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...97#post1704697
"Experienced user"
whatwasithinkin - 3.18.13, 10:17 am Post #380: | Reply With Quote
jhtfarquhar said
Well, with 17mm hubs, I would be unable to fit my 2.2" wheels+tires. Or my Sc tires as well
FYI, DE Racing makes a SCT 2.2/3.0 wheel for the Associated SC8 and SC8E that has a 17mm hub. I use these on my project trucks.

I get them from http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ls-Black-2-SC8