Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 2.12.12, 5:13 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Sorry for looking without any comment; I didn't intend to hurt your feelings or let you down.

What pinion gears are you planning to run? I didn't notice one on your truck...

So what's next? New radio? Battery tie down strap? Install the on/off switch?
"Experienced user"
mjbtaco - 2.12.12, 10:48 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
i can almost guarantee those sway bars wont do a thing. not trying to be a jerk but you need proper mounts on the arms and the material bends way too easily. i made mine out of hangers just for mock up and they are and will be useless until i use a different material.
Team C Racing USA
Follow us on Facebook!
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 2.13.12, 1:51 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
@ Tacoman, naw, I'm working on the sway bars, the rear will eventually be made of aluminum rod, bent into shape, and using turnbuckles at the ends, these are mockups, but with the softer springs up front, I'm making a better bracket that will make it work much better, only does a little now, but soon it will work really well up front, and with the proper back mounts and all, it will work well.
@ Erevo, no offense taken, I have a 19 tooth and a 28 tooth pinion, but the set screws I have bought(lost the only one I had) use a size smaller than 1/16 or 1.5mm for the hex, I probably will never install the On/Off switch, LOL, but hopefully a new radio, a flysky, but depends on what's in stock, after I earn some more $moo-lah$ I am fine with my metal battery plate, thank you, but yeah, much to do so I can beat my friend's box-stock slash 4X4 by a lot!!!
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 2.13.12, 3:19 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
Well; I guess I will request it if no one else will... but I want to see the race when it happens. any way you guys will be able to film it?
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 2.13.12, 4:35 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
It will not race, unless my friend and I meet up for a bash/race day, but no official roar racing for me, no 3s, or this bod for racing on a track
We will be able to film it when bashing, on the weekend of the 25th I'm heading up to see them in PA, and he knows where an epic bashing site is, it's a construction site, but my camera has a "youtube" mode, for 1080p(I think) but probably 720p video, and it takes 12mp stills, so awsome action shots will be on the way
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 2.14.12, 1:28 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
UPDATE, RUNING CONDITION
Ok, so, my stuff arrived from mcmaster carr, it took 4 days!!!! I ordered on Saturday, and these arrived today

New and improved front sway bar, and demonstration

"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 2.15.12, 2:12 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
OMG, holy bejeezus, I <3 3s, I left skid marks on the road, twin black streaks down it, It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 2.16.12, 1:18 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Now, dumdadum daduda dum dum dum, a Crude running vid!!!!!!!!!!! All filming done by me!!

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 2.16.12, 2:55 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
what in the world?!?!?! whats up with your audio/video sync? its off by a ton.

did you try to edit it or is this off file a .3GP or something? try to upload it to photobucket.com and see if it goes back to real time sound.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 2.16.12, 3:06 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
IDK what's wrong, but here's for photobucket, and there's no editing at all, it is from a .AVI file directly from my camera, it's got the lag on my computer too, should I cover it up with music or make a note that says MUTE NOW!! Must be a computer viewing thing, since the audio's fine on the camera