Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
s1mp13m4n - 3.10.12, 3:49 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hello everyone. I have an HPI Blitz 2wd truck. I was running it on my street and a car was coming. I hit the gas and brought it back in the driveway. When the truck hit the driveway the front skidplate bottomed out and the truck went end over end a few times and then did a chassis slam into the rear plastic bumper of my mom's Pontiac. I noticed that the truck would no longer turn. Now I am new to all of this....so here is what I know. The front end turns side to side freely and flops around. The servo makes noise when you turn to the right and nothing when you turn to the left via the radio. Did I break my stock steering servo? If I did, what should I replace it with? Can you buy a decent part from hobbypartz.com to save some money? My ESC, motor, radio, and receiver came from HobbyPartz.
RC seen from the blind side
"Experienced user"
SticKeRs - 3.10.12, 4:02 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Stop turning it and immediately start removing the front bulkhead and check your damage.

Servo noises come from a "resisting bind" and will ruin a servo quick.

Your going to want to choose from
Hot-Racing
STRC
or HPI's steering unit if you broke what you got.

Get it apart first!
Race vehicles: HPI Blitz ESE(Pro SCT) Durango Dex210 Kit.ver(Pro 10th buggy)

"Experienced user"
s1mp13m4n - 3.10.12, 4:58 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Alright here is what I found....I do not know what I am looking at here to call it the right part. I pulled the 4 screws that held the steering servo in place. After that I checked the servo and it turns just fine with the remote....makes all the right noises and is smooth. Now the plastic piece that is held to the steering servo with one screw that has the two ball bearing parts in it....that is what broke. Now when you turn the front end left and right by hand you can see where the piece broke.....it is the piece that hooks to the servo to turn the front wheels. The piece that broke is held to the steering shaft that turns both front wheels. I have it disconnected but can not figure out how to get it out of the truck.
"Experienced user"
SticKeRs - 3.10.12, 5:04 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Follow these steps towards the bottom on this web page, its a full teardown description so you can see what it takes to get it apart

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/h...html#post24226

"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 3.10.12, 5:24 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
A pic of what broke would be very helpful. Also, next time, say that the WHEELS are turning, not the "front end".
"Experienced user"
s1mp13m4n - 3.10.12, 5:47 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I am sorry for the mix up. I am legally blind (visually impaired( and I am trying to see with magnification. I am sorry for the mix up.

"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 3.10.12, 6:03 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Ah. that would be this part: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYGE1&P=7
"Experienced user"
s1mp13m4n - 3.10.12, 6:29 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Do they make better, stronger parts or would that cost a lot?
"just your average user"
mjc597 - 3.11.12, 8:17 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
s1mp13m4n said
Do they make better, stronger parts or would that cost a lot?
stickers gave the names of replacements that would be stronger:

Your going to want to choose from
Hot-Racing
STRC
or HPI's steering unit if you broke what you got.

as far as price goes..i'm not 100% but the HPI setup runs around $58-70 , strc is around $30-40 , and the hot racing version is around $50 i believe...but all will make your blitz turn sharper,and will hold up and nod break like your stock piece did..i have the strc version on mine..but i'm looking at buying the hot racing setup, and giving my son the strc...
hpi blitz ese
ae ft b4.2
axial wraith
Herd of Turtles Racing
"Experienced user"
SticKeRs - 3.11.12, 8:20 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Hot-Racing's steering bellcranks are by far the best deal on the market today