Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.13.12, 5:02 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I am getting a traxxas stampede and a rustler, I was woundering what parts will I be breaking the most on them? Thanks.
ECX Torment(stock gearing with hpi 15t motor),ECX Circuit(needs new body), Slash 2wd(currently all stock with stampede white springs), stampede 2wd (stock with slash progressive springs and proline masher tires), rustler(stock with helion dominus 21t motor and stampede tires).
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 3.13.12, 5:13 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
rear hub carriers, front knuckles. shock caps pop.

thats about it unless your just beating the snot out of them
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.13.12, 5:44 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
ok, I just thought it would be nice to know what parts I need so I can hit ebay.
ECX Torment(stock gearing with hpi 15t motor),ECX Circuit(needs new body), Slash 2wd(currently all stock with stampede white springs), stampede 2wd (stock with slash progressive springs and proline masher tires), rustler(stock with helion dominus 21t motor and stampede tires).
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.13.12, 5:44 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I thought this would help future traxxas owners.
"Experienced user"
stinger30 - 3.13.12, 5:57 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
depends how fast you go, and how hard you hit an object
erevo 1/10,14.4v dewalt , evx-2 with extra caps, Quad 1S lipo, ubuntu user, Youtube Channel - Thestinger30 ,Hyperion EOS0606i x2, Savox SB-2270SG, Hobbyking 150amp esc, 36x74 1900Kv brushless inrunner
"A little bit of everything"
User Unrelated - 3.13.12, 6:07 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I've went pretty darn fast
and hit some pretty hard objects
and still... I've only broken rear hub carriers, front knuckles, and shock caps.

I did break a rear A-arm once, but that was due to a loss-of-signal on 3S LiPo in -10*F temperatures.

I also broke a chassis over time... from doing this
http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DCFC0008.mp4
and this
http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/a...DCFC0003-1.mp4
(landing on the rear bumper from large heights repeatedly)
(Last edited by User Unrelated : 3.13.12 at 6:10 pm)
Has almost too many RC's.
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.13.12, 6:10 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
does this apply to all traxxas vehicles ?
"A little bit of everything"
User Unrelated - 3.13.12, 6:14 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Pretty much
The stampede will be prone to the rear of the chassis breaking (although a lot less so than the Slash), and the rustler will not. It all has to do with how the chassis attaches to the rear of the vehicle.
It will only break if REALLY REALLY abused, I've only ever done it once.
Has almost too many RC's.
"Experienced user"
Dewmeister - 3.13.12, 6:15 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
ericRC said
does this apply to all traxxas vehicles ?
I think it applies to almost all vehicles, those are some small parts that take a lot of stress
For time's not a thing one should squander...
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.13.12, 6:20 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
my torment and circuit are holding up great.