Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Sicky sicky gnar gnar"
traxxasslash95 - 3.31.12, 12:07 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Cool, now if they'd do a Wilkerson version I might save up for one.
Moo.
"Experienced user"
rm25x - 3.31.12, 12:36 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
mycrors4 said
not trying to sound biased here.. even though i kinda am biased.... just contradicted my own statement lol. yes, this is a biased post. if you can't handle it, well.. idk?
<rant>
it's another useless product.
it has no turning ability. the turning radius is going to be retarded.
the drag racing market isnt big, but there are a good mount of people in it.
most of the people in the drag racing market do not run electric, at least i havent seem them run electric
it ruins the fun of drag racing
the acceleration of an electric motor is far greater than that of a nitro or gas engine.
the nitro/gas aspect of drag racing makes it fun.
not all the cars kit 0-60 in 3 or 4 seconds per say.
with nitro and gas, there is timing involved, and a lot of tuning.

the car itself will be almost impossible to use because no one has a smooth enough surface where they can go in a straight line and not worry about hitting a pebble and spinning out.

you'd need to hit up a race track or even a drag track to use it =/

as suburbn said, it's just another shelf queen.

</rant>

i do like that it's going to be 2wd, or at least i hope it will.
i just hope it isnt going to cost an arm, leg and an apple product to use.
Traxxas is good at getting into markets that do not have much demand and making them huge. T-maxx.... Slash.... need I say more?
"Hola Seņor"
mycrors4 - 3.31.12, 1:05 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
rm25x said
Traxxas is good at getting into markets that do not have much demand and making them huge. T-maxx.... Slash.... need I say more?
I dont mind them trying to make a bigger demand for a product, but at least make it something that other companies will get into.
i cant see this getting big. i just cant. electric drag races. i just cant see losi, associated, kyosho, and hpi making funny cars.
yes, they started the short course phase. but this is a popular phase because it can still be raced at a track. it can be upgraded. there can be multiple different classes. people can go out and bash them on asphalt, dirt, sand...
i wouldnt agree that they kicked off the monster truck phase, but they were one of the first do start it.

but a funny car can only be driven on a long, straight smooth surface. Making them electric, just makes it worse, because now everyone can achieve the same speeds at the same rate. It creates no other competition.
| Honchabalo | Insane Scale Crawler | W.I.P. |
| LaTrax Rally | 1/18 Track Build | W.I.P. |
| TA05 | 1/10 Drift/Track/Bash Hyrbid Thing | W.I.P. |
| FT RC10T4 | Pure Track Machine #1 | Finished |
| MK6 Golf | Daily | W.I.P. |
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 3.31.12, 1:34 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Yeah drag cars have been on the market for quite some time, and Megatech even tried an RTR or two. They don't sell well.

Traxxas will still probably manage to eke a profit out of this one though. It sure looks cool, it's just not practical at all. Folks like to drag race with vehicles that they can turn around at the end of the street, and that get way more traction than this will and have infinitely better handling over real-world, bumpy terrain.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
Ac95 - 3.31.12, 1:37 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
All things equal. So it comes down to reaction time and vehicle control. I could see this being very fun. But you are right, straight line by yourself gets kinda boring. That's why it's a race-you need 2!!! Weekend neighborhood races throughout suburbia.
"ExPerieNceD UsEr"
guys2nv - 3.31.12, 1:39 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
*sigh* although I wonder how much the parachute kit will cost .
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG | Blitz |
|
TLR 22T | Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All | Trains and Lanes, Easton PA

(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 3.31.12, 2:08 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Threads merged. I expect we can hit 8 duplicate threads by mid-day Sunday
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
DanglingFury - 3.31.12, 2:48 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
rm25x said

nailed it.
"Experienced user"
DanglingFury - 3.31.12, 2:49 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
So..... I'm ready for more details and pics of this thing..
"Experienced user"
Jay-Em - 3.31.12, 3:08 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
Well, if it has a tube-frame, realistic looking wheels, scale body with all doodah's that real funny-cars have, I would then purchase it as a "working scale-model"

I am as much about the looks as I am about practicality, guilty as charged, but I never dug the Parma, Bolink and all other RC dragsters, because they mostly look like donkey's A..

This, on the other hand, could look magnificently scale and go blisteringly fast.

Traxxas is -nowadays at least- very much into showing off their prowess into RC tech. I guess they made enough pecunia through their bazillion sold Slashes and Stampedes, to be able to pursue their own interest in off-beat RC.

Everything about their latest products says "geeks in control" ( =a good thing!) : Oh..cool idea, let's see if it's possible... 100mph toycar? Why not. Big 1 mtr 50+ mph toyboat? heck let's do it.

And now: 0 to 70 in 2 seconds with a toy-dragster? Wel.. there's this ditzy blonde driving the real thing.. "ka-ching" every RC-geek will feel like she's there by association..blammo! instant marketing win!

On a more serious note: I'll just wait before I flame it completely and totally for the hare-brained thing it is ..or not..

PS: for the doubters. Traxxas was also one of the first, maybe even the first to market a RTR (!) gasser stadium-truck, the Nitro Hawk. Do. Not. Underestimate. Traxxas.
(Last edited by Jay-Em : 3.31.12 at 3:15 pm)
Axial EXO x 2, Axial Wraith x3, Axial Honcho, Slash 2wd, Venom vmx450, kyosho Ultima DB, Turnigy DB, Tamiya Avante x 2, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Tamiya buggy Champ, Frog, Grasshoppper, touareg, TXT1, Juggernaut 2, HPI mini-trophy, .... Ehhh and many more... I think I have a problem