Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 3.31.12, 7:43 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
this is err, news, i almost hope it is a very bad April fools day joke. this car just sounds like a bad joke.

i kind of think it is an april fools joke (or rcca let the cat out of the bag too soon). nothing on the traxxas home page as of yet and for rcca to announce a funny car on march 31st...

SuburbnHooligan said
or why someone would want a brushed version. nitro or gas version i could see. but brushed? really?

*clears throat*
(Last edited by Fiero_Man_121 : 3.31.12 at 7:48 pm)
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"going back to the 90's"
SuburbnHooligan - 3.31.12, 8:01 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
@Fiero_Man_121: figures you'd be the odd ball. hell i like brushed motors and im sorry to seem them fazed out. but with no well supported infrastructure i don't even want one anymore
as i lay rubber down the street....i pray for traction i can keep....but if i spin and begin to slide....please dear god protect my ride
"bring me a shrubbery"
Ratrodsuzuki - 3.31.12, 8:28 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
regardless whether you love it or hateit, have a use for it or not.

when traxxas puts it on the tv during race events, kids will want it, big kids, little kids, old kids, young kids.....

something different, and once again, will be the "buzz" and any publicity is good publicity.
dustyhubsrc.com
☆breaking rc cars since 2001☆

"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 3.31.12, 8:29 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
Ratrodsuzuki said
regardless whether you love it or hateit, have a use for it or not.

when traxxas puts it on the tv during race events, kids will want it, big kids, little kids, old kids, young kids.....

something different, and once again, will be the "buzz" and any publicity is good publicity.
i agree with you 100%

Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"Experienced user"
Bernard C - 3.31.12, 10:06 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
99% sure that it is an april fools joke. The 1% left is due to the fact that as I am French, I am not used to US market of rc cars. But just by the look of that car, I can't imagine how to drive it. The body is far to low. How does it steer ? 70 MPH only for a drag racing car ? Joke I say.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 3.31.12, 10:32 pm Post #46: | Reply With Quote
Maybe it was a pun? Funny car on April Fools?

Ha? Ha?
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Experienced user"
mv75 - 3.31.12, 10:37 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
Is it even april 1st in the states yet? Shame we have to put up with two days of not believing anything.

Better joke would have been a traxxas helicopter, or a APC based on the slash platform. Or even a freaking boat that's on a trailer that you can hook to a slash (comes with hitch kit), to drive it down the jetty, then use the 3rd channel on the remote to operate an electric winch that puts the boat in the water, then drive the truck away and press a button to switch to boat control and drive it. Actually, that would be sweet.
"Experienced user"
Dewmeister - 3.31.12, 10:44 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
tamiyafier said
Maybe it was a pun? Funny car on April Fools?

Ha? Ha?
HAHAHAHAHAhahahaha...ha...ha ha...ha ha ha... ha...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m0vyjqLnmx1rnw26io2_500.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	33135  
For time's not a thing one should squander...
"New user"
racksteris - 3.31.12, 11:31 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
Its not very fast but I will still get one just for fun.

It looks kool and I'm sure I can make it faster
"AMP Hobby"
SirSlash4x4 - 4.01.12, 4:27 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
Déjà vu!

You guys all sound like the people Jang imitated in his "XO-1 is a failure?!?!" video

If anyone was seriously thinking it's a joke, it's not...

What's so terrible about it? I think it looks cool, it's just another interesting thing on the market. Traxxas created another unique product that will sell... I will never buy one in my life. You don't have to stress over it
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight.
-Ephesians 6:10-18

http://stores.ebay.com/AMP-Hobby