Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
ChazOutlaw - 4.01.12, 5:11 am Post #51: | Reply With Quote
I hope it's for real. RC drag racing is pretty popular here. During the winter atleast. A bunch of our local drag racers (real life drag racers) get together every other sunday for rc drags. and 70mph seems pretty respectable since the usual drag strip is only 100ft. I'm not a huge fan of Traxxas stuff, but it would look cool sitting on the shelf next to my pro stock.
"Just Chillen!"
guys2nv - 4.01.12, 6:02 am Post #52: | Reply With Quote
I love drag racing and Traxxas is being well Traxxas by thinking outta the box again. They know there's gonna be hate and love for it and they're fine with that I'm sure. Although there is nothing like actually going to one of these NHRA events in real life. Feeling the ground shake, the acceleration, noise, smell all that power is truly a sight to behold. Seeing it on tv does it no justice.
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede | Blitz |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All |

"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 4.01.12, 6:07 am Post #53: | Reply With Quote
Bernard C said
I am not used to US market of rc cars. But just by the look of that car, I can't imagine how to drive it. The body is far to low. How does it steer ? 70 MPH only for a drag racing car ? Joke I say.
drag cars dont need to turn. thats the point. they go fast in a 1/4 mile strait. funny cars are cool to watch for sure just not sure im keen on this if it really isnt an April fools joke.
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"Experienced user"
Pookie - 4.01.12, 6:08 am Post #54: | Reply With Quote
Considering 80% of RC videos on YouTube are people doing speed runs up and down their street, I'd say this thing might do ok for traxxas.

I wonder if there will be a "deployable parachute" hop up available lol.

They also need some way to lock the front wheels so you can do a burnout before your run.
(Last edited by Pookie : 4.01.12 at 6:11 am)
Axial SCX-10 Moncho / HPI Savage XS SS / SSC LCG Slash 4x4 / HPI RS4 Pro
Blade 130 X / Blade mSR X / Blade mCX / Novus 200 FP
"Experienced user"
Strohdog - 4.01.12, 6:39 am Post #55: | Reply With Quote
no one has even talked about the launch control. its says on the ad that you set the launch control for track conditions.its like on a real drag car they have a trans brake and the rpms are held at a certain level wich preloads the suspension and the trans brake is released when the light turns green this with massive high traction tires causes nearly instant acceleration , so you know traxxas will put a big tourqey motor in this thing and with the launch control and big rear tires it will probably be crazy fast of the line , and hard to control, so you have many things to make it fun and competitive launch control,suspension tune,tires,reaction time,throttle control,then you get in to your spur and pinion gear ratios then trans gear ratios,then weight mods and so on , if i had some one to run with i would get two and the timing system, ill still probably get one if it turns out good.
slash 4x4, scx10 trail honcho, scx10 jeep cherokee, scx10 jeep rubicon , wraith , savage ss flux , slash 2wd , wr8 flux , Tamiya wild one, blade mcx2, traxxas dr1, vaterra kalahari, evader brushed.
"Experienced user"
Bernard C - 4.01.12, 6:48 am Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Call me Mr Stubborn if you want but I maintain joke. If I take a look a Tower Hobbies, only RJSpeed sells dragsters. 3 models. It seems like a niche market, a small niche market. Still a april fools joke to me.
"Experienced user"
traxguy11 - 4.01.12, 7:13 am Post #57: | Reply With Quote
Says something about a new tube chassis design. I'm interested to see what that's all about
"Experienced user"
Strohdog - 4.01.12, 7:35 am Post #58: | Reply With Quote
traxxas doesnt show it on there website yet but there is an ad for traxxas kids days at upcoming nhra events. kids 14 and under get in free , plus a 10dollar off coupon for the traxxas mobile center(its were they sell stuff at the track)
slash 4x4, scx10 trail honcho, scx10 jeep cherokee, scx10 jeep rubicon , wraith , savage ss flux , slash 2wd , wr8 flux , Tamiya wild one, blade mcx2, traxxas dr1, vaterra kalahari, evader brushed.
"Experienced user"
theslash - 4.01.12, 8:01 am Post #59: | Reply With Quote
is this real or a april fools joke,no news from traxxas about it bout the poster looks real and legit , has (aparenetly) a included drag racing start/stop timer and stuff read in this pic of the mabye real poster. what do think about it and ur hopes likes and hates about it i know drag racing is not that popular but traxxas has started a lot of rc trends (slash tmaxx rtr) that were not popurar or they created DO NOT UNDERESTAMATE TRAXXAS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	traxxas-funny-car.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	33146  
20% cooler in ten seconds flat brohoof if you like ponies /) (ps.i love dead mau5 and hes a brony.so is andrew wk epic user
"Experienced user"
theslash - 4.01.12, 8:02 am Post #60: | Reply With Quote
PS CLICK ON PIC 2 MAke bigger
20% cooler in ten seconds flat brohoof if you like ponies /) (ps.i love dead mau5 and hes a brony.so is andrew wk epic user