Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 4.03.12, 8:12 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I know that ECX is geared towards entry level vehicles, but I'm just wondering how many of you guys out there would buy a 4x4 by ECX if they came out with one??

Like, would you buy a 4x4 Ruckus or a 4x4 Torment??
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Boost, C4rcu4t, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, Tidewater, DJI Phantom, Nano QX, Proto X Nano, Scout CX, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"Experienced user"
steelfish - 4.03.12, 8:34 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
In The very first day they come out
Baja HB D8T-E **** Baja Nexx10sc *** Baja Wraith *** Baja Ruckus *** Baja Smash
Baja, Mexico
/ California, USA
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 4.03.12, 8:36 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I might just buy 3 or 4 of them and do different projects out of each.

Just so long as they're not close to bigger-brand prices.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
GWS - 4.04.12, 2:52 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
It all depends on pricing. I want another ECX, but with the current price increase, it's getting tough to choose an ECX over a Traxxas. I love my Ruckus and won't give up on it as long as I can keep it running. But now I'm looking to build another RC, and the only way I'll go with an ECX, is if I find a cheap enough used one. Even a roller would work.
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 4.04.12, 3:04 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Yeah, sure, but I'd be more worried about building an aftermarket for the current vehicles. That price thing is kind of important.

I'd like a lower COG vehicle for the SC, too.
The American James May
"Experienced user"
GWS - 4.04.12, 3:10 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
That's a good point, Jim. The new price increase is really killing it for me.
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 4.04.12, 4:58 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good idea.

+1 LCG
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"Experienced user"
saggymonkeytits - 4.04.12, 5:59 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
what price increase are you guys talking about?
"Experienced user"
torquelover - 4.04.12, 6:15 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
If it came 2.4 ghz and priced right yes, I would!
"bring me a shrubbery"
Ratrodsuzuki - 4.04.12, 8:17 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
until they (horizon) can support the vehicles they have already, i say nay.

i wouldnt drop a dime on another ecx, only to have it sit on the shelf as i wait for back-ordered parts. i have seen zero local support for them too (at least here), the lhs carries more redcat and arrma than ecx. thats disappointing.
dustyhubsrc.com
☆breaking rc cars since 2001☆