Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
rcboy96 - 4.16.12, 8:29 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey guys I was wondering if the hyper 10tt is a durable truck. I will mainly be driving on a local track. Also what are some other 4x4 truggies are out there. Thank you any informaation would be a big help.
"Experienced user"
millsb83 - 4.17.12, 3:45 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I love mine, i bash on a daily basis and it is tough as nails! The only issues i think there is for these is the wheel ball carriers. But you can upgrade all four to billet aluminum for around 50 bucks.
"Experienced user"
No-Data - 4.17.12, 6:09 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
It's durable once you upgrade some parts... mainly rear hub carriers. And depending on the system you put in it, the front CVA's need to be replaced all the time. I even considered switching them out for dogbones, they were such a pain. Also, first thing, you need to clean out the grease and fill all three diffs with oil. Easy enough, but definitely time consuming
"That's what she said!"
RICKWALK80 - 4.17.12, 7:34 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Like stated above, the ball carriers and front CVA's are what I have had to replace. I love this car and it's ok on durability.
Ofna Hyper 10TT, Traxxas Rustler x2, Savage Flux HP, Blade MCX2, Blade 120 SR, Esky Hunter, Esky Belt CP V2, Hobbyzone Champ, Parkzone Micro P-51 Mustang, Parkzone Micro T-28 Trojan, Kenetic 800
"Experienced user"
GrassShredder - 4.20.12, 2:06 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
So i just broke my rear bearing carriers too -_- Anyone know what to go with? (aftermarket wise and cheap)?
Pede VXL, Hpi Blitz, Hyper 10tt
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.02.13, 12:51 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
No-Data said
It's durable once you upgrade some parts... mainly rear hub carriers. And depending on the system you put in it, the front CVA's need to be replaced all the time. I even considered switching them out for dogbones, they were such a pain. Also, first thing, you need to clean out the grease and fill all three diffs with oil. Easy enough, but definitely time consuming
I recently bought a used roller 10TT to race locally and found that STRC makes hardened steel CVA's:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...al-Shaft-Set-2

HoBao also redesigned the rear hub carriers now as seen on the left here (you can also use spacers to reinforce the older design):

I have also invested in cheap $10 cordless drill from Harbor Freight paired up with a quick bit set:
http://www.amazon.com/Ofna-TOOL-DRIV.../dp/B000BQYXHY

With this tool set, I am able to change out the fluids in about 15 mins per diff
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 1.02.13 at 12:55 pm)
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
kevsgonefishing - 1.06.13, 12:01 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
They make Alum front ball carriers??? Whaere can you get these, I can't find them anywhere.......
I want to add a lil more weight to mine to make it more stable, I was thinking of getting Alum chassis braces(since I veed a new front one anyways) and a few other pieces. Are most of the parts with the SCT interchangeable with the 10TT???
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.06.13, 2:00 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Integy makes them:
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...5#.UOnzS6z4LPQ

Almost all parts are interchangeable except for the center drive shafts, chassis and center braces. The 10TT is identical in every other way, just a shorter version like what the Stampede is to the Slash.
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
kevsgonefishing - 1.06.13, 2:41 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Thanks Bill, I might try them out.....I have heard bad things about Integy and their lask of quality. Maybe that will take some of the slop out of my front end.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.06.13, 2:45 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
there is a thicker black ackerman bar available to remove the slop, I have been lucky to already have this installed on all the used cars I have bought, not sure where to get it though.