Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Toyotatrucks83 - 5.05.12, 5:59 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I just put in a order for a circuit. This will be for my son. I know he will love driving this on the street so I was hoping someone knew of some cheap cheap tire/wheels to throw on this while he is street bashing. Looking for longevity not performance. I also purchased the super mild Hobbywing brushless kit to run in this. So spinning tires is going to happen.
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 5.05.12, 6:18 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Really just about any 2.2" wheel with a 12mm hex will work.

I had the ones that were actually made by ECX on my Circuit for the street, and they worked really well and wore very well also. However, looking around, it appears that they no longer make them.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Ruckus, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, DJI Phantom, Tidewater Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck
"Experienced user"
Toyotatrucks83 - 5.05.12, 7:37 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I saw those. I thought they would be perfect. But like you said I can not find them in stock anywhere. I guess my best option would be to find used take offs from an rtr kit that someone is getting rid of. I'm guessing tire/ wheels off of a traxxas rustler, duratrax evader, or Losi desert truck should work.
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 5.05.12, 9:15 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
You could get some 2.2" road rages from proline.

http://prolineracing.com/tires/road-...t-truck-tires/

They also have 2 other street treads for 2.2 size but I don't know what would be best, they're all quite similar.
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"Experienced user"
Toyotatrucks83 - 5.05.12, 9:57 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I was also considering that. But then after pricing wheels, that I don't know will fit, with tires and foams I'm at like $60. If I'm going to spend $60 I'll buy race tires for the track. All I want is street bashing tires. I'll use the stock ones as street bashing tires if I can find better track tires for cheap or equal to better track tires.
"Experienced user"
Toyotatrucks83 - 5.05.12, 10:05 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I'd even put used sct wheels and tires on it for the street. My torment stock tires seem to do alright as bashing tires on all terrain. And they are withstanding brushless power with numerous burn outs.
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 5.05.12, 10:55 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Toyota, any Traxxas 12mm hex wheel will fit just fine...just make sure you get them all the same offset.

For instance, if you go with some SCT wheels, get ALL Traxxas rears or ALL Traxxas fronts.

You might be able to find some good stuff down in the for sale section or on Ebay for decent prices.

I struggle with wheels and tires because they seem SOOOO expensive to me...but they are a necessity, obviously.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Ruckus, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, DJI Phantom, Tidewater Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 5.05.12, 1:29 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I say just buy some standard 2.2's tires and put them on the stock circuit wheels. Cheap set will be on eBay. If you want long lasting street tires, you gotta pay the price and go with proline. I paid a few dollars less when I bought tires for the stock circuit wheels. I bought them on eBay. I think I spent like 30 bucks.
Automotive/Motorcycle enthusiast
49ERS
Gone fishing on the weekend. Don't bother me.

Opinions are like @holes, everyone has one.
"Can't stop collecting"
mtm68 - 5.05.12, 2:23 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I put an old set of act tires on mine; stock torment wheels actually.
The collections bloated... Slashes, torment, circuit, Nexx10sc, on road, an ebuggy, an exo, a gcm stretched 1717 powered savage; and a super 5sc flux, oh my!
"Experienced user"
Toyotatrucks83 - 5.05.12, 2:56 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I'm going to keep my eyes open in the for sale section. Thanks for the quick tips.